There is still no known cure f0r pulmonary hypertension, but there are several ways to ease the symptoms and manage them to make you feel a little bit better in your daily life. Here are some tips on how to self-manage your pulmonary hypertension (source: Mayo Clinic website):
- Get lots of rest.
- Don’t be sedentary; try to stay as active as possible.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid pregnancy and taking birth control pills.
- Try not to travel or live at high altitudes.
- Avoid situations that can lower your blood pressure.
- Eat a nutritious diet and stay at a healthy weight.
- Ask your doctor about medications.
- See your doctor for follow-up appointments.
- Get vaccinated.
- Join a support group.
Read full and original article here: http://mayocl.in/1Mp98K0
Pulmonary Hypertension News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?