There is still no known cure f0r pulmonary hypertension, but there are several ways to ease the symptoms and manage them to make you feel a little bit better in your daily life. Here are some tips on how to self-manage your pulmonary hypertension (source: Mayo Clinic website):
- Get lots of rest.
- Don’t be sedentary; try to stay as active as possible.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid pregnancy and taking birth control pills.
- Try not to travel or live at high altitudes.
- Avoid situations that can lower your blood pressure.
- Eat a nutritious diet and stay at a healthy weight.
- Ask your doctor about medications.
- See your doctor for follow-up appointments.
- Get vaccinated.
- Join a support group.
Read full and original article here: http://mayocl.in/1Mp98K0
Pulmonary Hypertension News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.