Pulmonary hypertension is a complicated disease to live with on a daily basis. Because PH makes it difficult for you to breathe while living your normal everyday life, it’s understandable if sometimes you feel like the task is too much for you to bear on your own. That’s why it’s very important for you to know that there are people who you can reach out to — others who are experiencing the same issues and will understand your feelings. Online support groups are one of several ways to get in touch with other PH patients. We’ve put together a list of five Pulmonary Hypertension Online Support Groups to help you connect with other patients. (source: Pulmonary Hypertension Association website)
- myPHA: “PHA’s online social network for patients and their loved ones is home to hundreds of community members. Joining is free and easy and will give you access to our most comprehensive resource for online connection and support.”
- Facebook Groups: PHA hosts Facebook groups for the following communities:
- PHA Teens
- SuPer Heroes
- Generation Hope
- PH Plus
- PHA CTEPH
- Online Daily Chats: Here you have access to daily online chat meetings with other phighters.
- PHA PHriends: Email Mentors: Although this is not specifically a support group, it is a way to keep in touch with an experienced patient, physician or caregiver who can help you when you are looking for specific information and/or support.
- RareConnect Community: A community for those who live with rare diseases, pulmonary hypertension being one of them. You can share your life experiences, fears, doubts, and ask questions about your illness while connecting with people from all over the world.
Pulmonary Hypertension News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?