Bayer is presenting six abstracts on studies investigating riociguat for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) at the 2016 American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference now taking place in San Francisco, California.
Riociguat (BAY 63-2521, trade name Adempas) is a stimulator of soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC). It is indicated for the treatment of adults with persistent/recurrent CTEPH, WHO Group 4, after surgical treatment, or those with inoperable CTEPH, to improve exercise capacity and WHO functional class. The drug is also indicated adults with PAH (WHO Group 1) to improve exercise capacity, WHO functional class, and to delay clinical worsening.
According to a press release, the Bayer studies and their ATS 2016 presentation dates are:
- Study titled “Baseline Characteristics of Patients Enrolled in a Prospective Study of Riociguat for Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonia (RISE-IIP Study),” presented on May 16
- Poster No. 990 titled “Riociguat Treatment for Porto-Pulmonary Hypertension: A Subgroup Analysis from the PATENT-1 Study Presentation”, will be presented on May 18 (11:00 a.m.–12:45 p.m.)
- Poster No. 1028 titled “Riociguat for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension: Real-Life Data From the EXPERT Registry,” will be presented on May 18 (11:00 a.m –12:45 p.m.)
- Poster No. 1012 titled “The RESPITE Study: Riociguat in Patients with PAH and an Inadequate Response to Phosphodiesterase 5 Inhibitors,” being presented on May 17 (2:15 p.m.–3:00 p.m)
- Poster No. 962 titled “Application of the Criteria for Satisfactory Clinical Response to Riociguat Treatment of Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PATENT-1 and PATENT-2),” will be presented on May 18 (11:00 a.m.–12:45 p.m.)
- Poster No. 1024 titled “Baseline Demographics of the Prospective, Multicenter, Single-Arm, Open-Label, Phase IV MOTION Study of Riociguat in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension”, being presented on May 18 (11:00 a.m.–12:45 p.m.)
“We are pleased to share data from several recent and ongoing studies examining the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension with riociguat,” said Dario Mirski, MD, Bayer’s senior vice president and head of medical affairs for the Americas. “Bayer is committed to continued exploration of this treatment option for patients with life-threatening diseases, and we look forward to the valuable scientific exchange at ATS this year.”
Riociguat’s development and commercialization is part of a strategic collaboration between Merck —through a subsidiary — and Bayer in the field of sGC modulators.
ATS 2016 opened on May 13 and runs through May 18.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?