Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: Balancing Work, Family, and PH Is Challenging But Doable

• 30 Days of PH: Balancing Work, Family, and PH Is Challenging But Doable

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on November 12, 2021 at 4:24 pm
    Today we feature Kayla Marie’story, she is 26, with a 4-year-old daughter, and about to get married this December.
    In July 2020 she found out she has hereditary PH. This was a tough period in her life, but her friends and family kept her spirits up. #TeamKayla was created to heighten awareness about PH and raise funds to help researchers find a cure.
    Kayla finds balancing work and family life, tricky, but her loved ones make it doable. She is raising funds for PH
    and hopes to continue to work as long as possible: “Even if the day comes when I’m unable to work, I will continue to raise awareness about PH and to fight for a cure.”

Kayla, you shine bright like a diamond! 🙂

Now back to our PH Community. What do you make of Kayla’s story? How do you balance everything in your own life?

Kayla’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. There is much more to come during this HUGE month!

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

November 13, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Something that hit home for me is when Kayla shares how family and friends help managing PH doable. It can be out of our comfort zone to ask for help and accept help from others but when you are dealing with a chronic illness it’s wise to get past the uneasiness of it.

My experience has been that people sincerely want to help, whether it’s to offer a listening ear, help with everyday needs or assist with the medical care.

How are you doing with allowing others to help you?

• jen-cueva

November 16, 2021 at 11:40 am

Incredible story, Kayla!

I do relate to her as she shares how uncomfortable it can be to ask for help. I am much better with this but continue to struggle with this topic more often than not.

I try to remind myself how good it feels when I help others. Keeping this in mind when others ask if they can help can be helpful.

Listening goes a long way in many situations. @colleensteele, I, too, find that others do want to help. Often they have no clue how. You bring up another important point; listening is one way we can help others, and also, others can help us. We may not know the answer; we don’t have to.

Wishing Kayla and her daughter a happily ever after the wedding next month. What an exciting event to look forward to. Thanks for sharing such vital points, Kayla.