Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: I Carry On, Looking Fabulous With an IV Pump

• 30 Days of PH: I Carry On, Looking Fabulous With an IV Pump

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on November 8, 2021 at 6:30 pm

This is Lauryn Durham’s story: Lauryn was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension at 24 years old on March 17, 2021. The next day, she went into cardiac arrest. Her heart stopped for a few minutes. When she woke up, she was connected to a CADD-Legacy® Remodulin infusion pump.

Devastated, she wondered how she’d shower or wash her hair? And most importantly, what would she wear?! High-neck shirts and dresses have been her go-to. It has been an uphill battle of finding her comfort zone. But she has mastered the art of hiding her port and tubing… even when wearing club attire.

Lauryn believes that with PH, you find your new normal and figure out what works for you, find your voice.

She feels blessed to still be here, even if it is with a pump the size of a graphing calculator.

In Lauryn’s words: “living with PH can feel like your world as you knew it has stopped, but we carry on!”

Lauryn, we salute you!

Now back to our PH Community. Do you identify with Lauryn’s story? How do you carry on?

Lauryn’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. We have so many more stories for you!

susi-steppins replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

November 8, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Lauryn covered a lot in her story – symptoms, diagnosis, dealing with the appearance of medical equipment on her body, education…so much many PH patients go through. Very inspiring!

• susi-steppins

November 10, 2021 at 5:26 pm

Hi Lauryn.

You sound like a very smart lady with a lot of strength.

Thank you so much for talking about your experience and inspiring us all to carry on.

I am glad that I read your story.