Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: I Received My Miracle

• 30 Days of PH: I Received My Miracle

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on November 15, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Hey everyone, say hello to Tatiana Ranftl’s! After Christmas 2020, Tatiana’s condition had become fatal. Her parents were told that she’d reached the end of the line. Tatiana heard the words “heart failure.” Yet  because her issue is idiopathic, not genetic, there was a potential solution: a double lung transplant. She was flown to St. Louis Children’s Hospital and placed on the transplant list.

There were no guarantees, so Tatiana wrote goodbye letters. She spent nine months away from home and seven of those trapped in a hospital room. She experienced depression.

On May 23rd: a life-changing a phone call.

Tatiana is now five months post-transplant and she can do things I’d never done before, like keeping up with her friends. Now she just wants to live life to the fullest, experience everything she never thought possible.

Tatiana, you are so courageous! We live for stories like yours!

Now back to our PH Community. This story. Wow. What do you think of it?

Tatiana’s story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPH stories. We have some truly incredible human beings among this community, right? There’s so much more to come. Stay with us x

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

November 16, 2021 at 10:57 am

Wow, what a strong and beautiful young lady you are, Tatiana! I am so happy to hear about your transplant. I know that reading your story last year and now your update- incredible. Tatiana is such a mature teen who should be living her life to the fullest.

I am touched and inspired by her story. Wishing you, Tatiana, and your family all of the best. Maybe you can come back and share about your celebration trip next year. Thank you for sharing your story and offering hope to so many.