Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2021 30 Days of PH: My Mom Inspired Me to Be Brave and Smile

• Colleen

November 3, 2021 at 11:40 am

Thank you @mainegal for sharing your story! I thought it was so touching that you dedicated this to your mother. Combining part of her story with yours has reached beyond PH patients.

I shared your story with a priest friend of my family. He is remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma. He commented, “Wow! What a story. I might not be here if her mother had not been brave enough to undergo early chemotherapy for Hodgkins lymphoma.”

I know PH patients sometimes shrug it off when people refer to them as brave, but honestly, I believe bravery is a big part of successful advocacy.

BTW – Someone on Instagram would like to know what medication you are on. If you can let us know here I will pass the information on to them.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2021 at 2:50 pm

Wow, @mainegal, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Learning how your Mum inspired you always to smile and persevere is touching.

I hear many people in the PH community ad other rare disease communities share what inspires them. I often notice that the person sharing is also inspiring, and in your case, you certainly are. It sounds like you are just like your Mum.

Your story will continue to touch many lives and offer hope and inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing your PH journey.

• susi-steppins

November 5, 2021 at 11:09 am

Hello @mainegal .

I love this story.

How brave your mother was and how wonderful that she taught you to be brave as well.

You sound like you have a beautiful soul and I can feel that smile in the words you write.

Thank you for sharing this.

• sally-hoffman

November 5, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Hi Susie, Jen and Colleen,

Thank you for all your kind words.  It helps us to be brave having a support system such you and all the others out there rooting for us.

Best, Sally

• Colleen

November 5, 2021 at 5:18 pm

@mainegal your story has touched so many. A few on Instagram asked what medication you are on. You can either respond to them directly there or if you want to share the information here I will get back to them. Thank you so much!

• sally-hoffman

November 5, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Oh wow!!  I am on Adcirca 40 mg daily and Uptravi 1400 mg 2x daily!  I hope it works for everyone.

Uptravi is hard to tritrate up on, but be brave,  I will always be there to sing you nursery rhymes if that’s what it takes.

Sally

• jen-cueva

November 8, 2021 at 5:29 pm

LOL, thanks, @mainegal, for sharing your PH treatments. One of us will update those on social media who are asking about that. I appreciate you getting back to us quickly.

So true, Uptravi titration can be rough; it all depends on our bodies. I would have loved your nursery rhymes as I was titrating on it years ago, hehe. I enjoyed that you offered that to Debbie.