Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Advice On Dealing With Accredo Issues

• Advice On Dealing With Accredo Issues

Posted by Colleen on December 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm
    Accredo Tip: My son uses Accredo for his transplant meds. A long-term problem we have had is his chart getting messed up when dosages change. Here is what happens so you can keep an eye out for it too.
    Problem #1: Old dosage doesn’t get removed and a new chart gets created with the new dosage. Now you have two charts which gets very confusing when it’s time to refill. For example: if you KNOW they have the prescription with the new dosage but they say they can’t find it…ask them to check for a 2nd chart. You probably have some meds in one chart and some in another.
    Problem #2: Because old dosages stay in the chart the automated system still detects them, so even though you just received a refill, the system will keep calling you claiming it’s time to refill. It gets really annoying.
    If the problems persists ask to speak to someone in “escalation”. Every time I am sent to escalation I truly get helped and issues get worked out. They will make sure the proper dosages are activated, make sure you have only one chart and clean it up for you. The regular reps try to do this but in my experience, often they make it worse. Heads up: I get the impression they will only transfer you to escalation if it’s an on-going issue.
    Part of the problem is Express Scripts and Accredo are combined. I found out doctor’s need to send ALL medications and dosage changes to Express Scripts, including the ones filled by Accredo. If the prescription is sent directly to Accredo that is often when a 2nd chart is made.
    Long message but I hope it makes sense and helps some of you. Maybe it’s a different experience for PH meds but somehow I don’t think so.
    carol-volckmann replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

December 28, 2021 at 12:54 pm

Aww, @colleensteele, it sounds like you have been busy this past Christmas week. It’s funny that you mention this. I had this happen, but only when the Accredo nurse came out. Each time they never could seem to find my nurses’ notes. Come to find out, they have several charts for me started, and her notes were only on one of my charts, not the other.

Once we figured this out once, when it happened again, like you, I knew what was most likely the problem. Three times this happened, and all with different medications and nurses. The third time’s a charm, right?

I’m sorry that you had to be sent to the escalation department, which probably means that you more than likely were on the phone dealing with this same issue more than you would care to be.

I hope that this resolves this matter for you in the future. Thanks for sharing, Colleen. I know others will benefit from reading this too.

• carol-volckmann

December 28, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Thank you Colleen for bringing this issue dealing with Accredo to our attention. I did not know they even have an escalation department. This kind of mess up never happened before express scripts took over. Thanks again.

Wish you and your family a bright new year – stay well and safe!