Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Before you get sick, what are some of your warning signs?

• Before you get sick, what are some of your warning signs?

Posted by brittany-foster on January 9, 2020 at 10:48 am

Sometimes before my body even begins to start to develop actual cold symptoms or typical symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, it begins to alert me in other ways.

When I am beginning to come down with something, whether it is viral or bacterial, I start to feel mentally worn down. My movements begin to feel sluggish and I find myself napping more often through the day. I feel like this is all part of my body’s defense mechanism against the increase stress it is preparing to be under.

What are some of your “warning signs” BEFORE you begin to show symptoms of an illness?

Colleen replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Colleen

January 9, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Brittany,
    As you know, I don’t have PH but I have other health issues. When I get extremely tired, the kind where you can’t keep your eyes open…then I know I’m about to come down with something. I’ve been feeling this way all week and am stressing at the thought that I might be starting to get sick.

My son gets really dark around the eyes before he gets sick and they get a glassy look to them.

• brittany-foster

January 10, 2020 at 1:41 pm

So true Colleen. I get so tired like that too when I am starting to come down with something. I am sure when you are about to get sick it is stressful to think about you possibly passing something onto your son or one of your kiddos. My mom always gives me a warning before I go over to her house if anyone there is sick. usually she just has me stay away unless I really needed something of course. I’m sure that is an added stress to everything when you are about to get sick too. I hope you are doing okay today and hopefully feeling a little bit better. If not, I hope you are getting good rest!

• Colleen

January 10, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Thanks Brittany. Still no signs of a cold but the tiredness is still real bad, and it’s not like I’m not getting any sleep. Cullen hasn’t been feeling a 100% lately and I’m going through the process of transitioning his care to adult teams, so maybe it’s stress. It’s a vicious circle. Stress I know can make me sick as well. I’m going out tomorrow for a friend’s 50th birthday party so maybe I will feel better after fitting in some fun.