Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 27 of #30DaysofPH: The Reality of Being a High-risk Teen During Lockdown

• Day 27 of #30DaysofPH: The Reality of Being a High-risk Teen During Lockdown

Posted by Marco jimenez on November 28, 2022 at 6:00 pm

“I’ve always needed to be very careful about germs so that I don’t get sick.” Evelyn Keltgen shares the reality of being a high-risk teen during the pandemic.

To read the rest of Evelyn’s story and learn more about her journey, click here

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we feature a different story and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

November 28, 2022 at 8:49 pm

What I love most about this story is that it’s not told by the mom but by the 15 year old herself! It’s wonderful to see young PHer’s step forward and want to share their story in their own words. Evelyn, like many pediatric PH patients, is wise beyond her years which comes through in her writing. I hope you take a moment to read her story.

• jen-cueva

November 29, 2022 at 11:56 am

Wow, what an incredible story, Evelyn! I recall mentioning that I bet it was so tricky for teens during COVID. But you and the other high-risk teens are even more so challenging.

I think back to my teen years(yeah, I can remember that far back, hehe). I would have been so miserable. Evelyn shares how she felt left out or neglected and wished she was “normal,” I bet!

I’m grateful that she held on to her family and faith to get her through the most challenging days at her age. We can all learn from this beautiful young woman. Thank you, Evelyn, for sharing your PH journey with us.