Tagged: 

• Devotional About Anxiety

Posted by jen-cueva on July 20, 2019 at 4:16 pm

I read a daily devotional each morning to start my day. This was one from this week and I immediately thought of this group to share. I hope that it is OK to share as it is spiritual related. You can skim through if you prefer, but I really related to the correlation between anxiety and raw nerve pain. If this is not forum appropriate, please let me know. I know so many of us here deal with anxiety.

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Colleen

July 22, 2019 at 11:49 am

Thank you for sharing this Jen! I really related to this. Noise is a big issue for me. I’m an avid reader, or at least I use to be. Over the past few years I’ve found it difficult to read without complete silence. As the author mentions, white noise is fine but anything else is too distracting. I think it’s because of training myself to always be listening for a sound of distress from my son. My front porch is a good go to place for me because I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood so I can sit and read without interruption and if something does distract me then I can look up from my book and enjoy my flowers.

• Brittany Foster

July 22, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Colleen,
      Really interesting that you bring that up about noise. I was always someone that needed to sleep with some type of lights on, have some noise from TV or SOMETHING because without it I just couldn’t sleep. I was 18 and STILL had to keep my closet light on and door open LOL ! Probably my anxiety kicking in there too. But in all seriousness, after being in the hospital way more often as an adult than as a kid, my preferences for things really started to change and it changed how I sleep and my sleeping habits. Now, I don’t want any bit of light or noise when I’m sleeping. A fan is fine, but as long as it’s not RIGHT in the room. It’s something I have been more aware of and way more sensitive to after hearing so much of the beeping and humming of monitors and equipment I just can’t stand NOISE like that when I’m sleeping or else I won’t sleep. The hospitals and my doctors know this about me and I always advocate for anxiety meds in hospitals so I at least can get some type of sleep even if it’s all interrupted.

• jen-cueva

July 22, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I’ve found that I lose concentration so fast now. I’m often telling my hubby to turn down the TV. When writing and reading, it depends on the day. But when I listen to music and trying to multitask, I need it on a low volume. Unless I’m trying to do house chores, it’s blasting, lol

As I read a morning devotional each day, days when my hubby is home, I have to” shush” him a few times. He gets tbs hint pretty fast. lol

• Brittany Foster

July 22, 2019 at 1:21 pm

LOL Jen! My boyfriend knows the “shushhh!” all too well in this house too! Currently as I am typing and doing a million other things (or so it seems when my focus is on everything else too) that little bit of extra distraction is enough to put my head into a full spin! Also the games that he plays on his xbox that involve gun shots just go RIGHT through me and I end up dreaming of things that are happening in the game lol! The outside noise almost ALWAYS enters my dreams (creeeeepy)

• jen-cueva

July 22, 2019 at 3:02 pm

LOL Brittany, I’m glad he’s not alone. Hehe

I can definitely relate as the last few days when I’m writing and/or typing, I’ve been distracted too easily.it takes more for me to focus.

My hubby used to play Call of Duty on his Xbox. I would jump up if I was trying to rest and think someone was getting shot. I don’t miss that game! I also have creepy dreams, mainly of weird things he’s watching on Youtube while I’m trying to fall asleep. Hehe

• Brittany Foster

July 22, 2019 at 7:36 pm

LOL actually my sensitivity to sound got SO bad that I just couldn’t put a TV in the bedroom! I know this is something my boyfriend really wants though . I am thinking of saving up and getting a nice one for the room. the new townhouse we just bought together has 2 stories and the upstairs is all bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. I am excited mostly to have my own space for when his snoring gets out of control but would still allow a TV back in the room so we could snuggle up and watch movies before I trade beds LOL! Sleeping arrangements aren’t the same for every couple, it’s important to find what works ! Living together for the last 5 years has taught us all of that . We have been together going on 7 full years in February

• jen-cueva

July 24, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Hehe, Brittany, too funny, you’re most looking forward to your own space.

My hubby snores too, so I can relate.

We do have a tv in our room, but I have him lower the volume. The light also bothers me, so I turn the opposite direction and use my eye mask.

Yes, cuddles and movies are great. I often end up on the couch some nights. I do have KK’s room and her bed. I’ve only gone in there a few times.

How exciting it must be as you’re getting ready for the townhouse. I didn’t realize that you were together so long, 7 years is great. I’m sure y’all have become accustomed to each other’s habits and routines. I think the 2 bathrooms are a plus, we have 2 and my hubby is using the other one (which was Kk’s). I now have my own. 👍😊

• Brittany Foster

July 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm

We currently have a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment that we have been in a for a few years together and after coming from a 1 bathroom apartment when we were first dating it made such a HUGE difference. I also migrated to taking ownership over one bathroom and he has another LOL there are some things that I just NEED my OWN personal space for lol especially as a woman! It has made a huge difference and we are not longer fighting over who gets to shower first haha! The 2 full baths help a lot

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2019 at 10:57 am

Hehe, Brittany, I, too, agree us women need our own space. I particularly like the fact that I have my own bathroom.

• V.R. Peterson

July 25, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Thank you Jen. That article was very helpful to me.

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2019 at 10:56 am

I’m glad that you enjoyed it, V.R.