Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Do You Believe That Fear and Courage Can Coexist?

• Do You Believe That Fear and Courage Can Coexist?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 19, 2021 at 12:46 pm

It’s no secret that many of us are in fear. We have nothing to compare COVID to, so we are going through it all blindfolded. It will be years before they have valuable feedback.

This week I wrote about this topic. If you like, give it a read

Do you believe that fear and courage can coexist? Please share your thoughts with us.

Colleen replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Colleen

March 19, 2021 at 2:17 pm

@jenc thanks for writing about this and starting this topic. I think PH patients were more prepared than others for this epidemic because we were already balancing fear and courage every day. One is seldom without the other.

My husband will be the first in our family to receive the Covid vaccine. His appointment is next Friday. Some of you might remember that I was hesitant about getting it but now I can’t wait! I filled in the eligibility form on line last night and I still don’t qualify. I feel frustrated because there is one box that if I could check yes to I think it would push me over that red line. I am caregiver to my son and my husband but I’m 49…you have to be 50. Why 50? I don’t understand that.

But back to the topic…Cullen became eligible for the vaccination yesterday. He doesn’t feel ready to receive it. I think this is a perfect example of fear and courage. He is afraid of receiving it just yet as a transplant recipient. He has discussed it with multiple doctors and is well aware of the risks and the benefits. I think it takes courage to say no and not feel strong armed into getting the vaccine before he feels good about it. I know Cullen. he will get it eventually but like with everything else he has been through, he proceeds with caution. In the meantime, he doesn’t go anywhere except occasionally to the clinic. And it takes both fear and courage for me not to be the one strong arming him into receiving it. It really needs to be his decision.