Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Does Daylight Savings Time Affect Your PH Treatments?

• Does Daylight Savings Time Affect Your PH Treatments?

Posted by Colleen on March 15, 2021 at 4:32 pm

My son Cullen suggested this topic. Does daylight savings time affect your medication schedule? Do you feel a difference if you take any of your medications early or late, even if it is just by an hour? Do you make the daylight savings change in increments or just make the hour change with your medications all at once?

Cullen makes the change all at once but if he had labs scheduled he would have to delay them. Two of his medications require labs an hour before taking them, so in that case, it could be an issue.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

March 16, 2021 at 11:21 am

This is an interesting question, @colleensteele. I have been sleeping since Saturday more than usual, so I do not think this is due to the time change. But, I never thought of adjusting my meds. I usually do them on the same schedule. Because in reality, we have an hour “window” when we could take a med, which allows for the change in most cases.

I can imagine it would be more of a concern on some meds that require labs. So how often is he doing labs?

I think the time change has me a bit “dazed and confused” for the most part. Thanks for this topic; I look forward to this discussion.

• Colleen

March 16, 2021 at 12:32 pm

@jenc he has scheduled labs once a month. Luckily he did them last week because I was even thinking about daylight savings time.

• jen-cueva

March 17, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Oh, OK, @colleensteele, I thought he needed lab like every few days. Thanks for clarifying. Thank goodness y’all were ahead of the time change. LOL

I think it has me sleeping later.