• Posted by teamleslie on March 3, 2019 at 12:31 am

I initially caught a cold in December which exacerbated my asthma so I was treated for asthma. The cold went away but the shortness of breath didn’t. I have a tightness in my chest when I breathe and I’m short of breath all the time, mostly on exertion. I saw a pulmonologist and right away he thought PH. I had an X-ray and CT and it looked like my pulmonary artery was slightly dilated. I had a PFT done and my DLCO was a little low. I’m waiting to have an ECHO, ABG, and 6 minute walking test done.I’m sure the heart cath comes next.

Has anyone else mild sudden onset symptoms? what else could these symptoms be mistaken for?

This has all happened in the past 2 weeks. I’m just accepting that I have PH. Im an RN and so is my mom so we know what’s coming. Trying to stay strong.

jimi-mcintosh replied 5 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kathleen-sheffer

March 4, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I’m sorry you’re having these symptoms and having to wait for confirmation on your diagnosis. The gold standard is the heart cath you mentioned. I’m glad you have a doctor who isn’t dismissing your concerns and is following up with appropriate testing. There are treatments for PH and hope for patients. We welcome you into our community and will offer support and guidance through this process. I haven’t experienced the sudden onset of symptoms you describe, but I know it can happen with this disease. Please keep us updated!

• jimi-mcintosh

March 5, 2019 at 7:43 pm

COPD is a strong possibility, along with Bronchitis. Multiple bouts with
    Pneumonia will also leave you filling this way, along with seasonal allergies and undetected food allergies.