Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition Has Anyone Had to Be Placed On a Feeding Tube ?

• Has Anyone Had to Be Placed On a Feeding Tube ?

Posted by brittany-foster on January 15, 2019 at 12:41 pm

As many of us know, PH impacts many parts of our body, not just our lungs. For the past four months my digestive system has really taken a hit. My GI doctor believes that a lot of the functional limitations I have with my stomach stems from the lack of good blood flow and proper vasculature.

My stomach has started to lose some function and my nutritional needs just haven’t been met for awhile. I have also been having nausea and vomiting. To help my body gain nutrients and to keep me strong for any upcoming surgeries,

I have recently been given a PEG tube. I am getting nutrition through my stomach (this required a surgery that I just had yesterday) to place the tube. I’m not sure how long I will need this for, but I know that it’s going to take some getting used to.

Have you ever needed supplemental nutrition through a feeding tube either through your nose or stomach? Did you see improvements with your energy? What benefits did you get from this and why did doctors decide to give you one?

brittany-foster replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.