• Posted by Colleen on March 13, 2020 at 7:44 pm

I think this has been the most unnerving week so far in regard to the coronovirus. I’m going to avoid the news for a while this weekend and just relax with my family. I hope you have the opportunity to do the same. I encourage all of us to keep checking-in with each other as this crisis continues. In the meantime, stay safe and have a nice weekend.

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • jen-cueva

March 14, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. I hope that y’all stay safe and can enjoy some quiet, yet relaxing family time. We are trying to watch funny and upbeat shows to lift the mood some. Hugs, love, and prayers coming your way.

Stay safe, y’all.

• Brittany Foster

March 16, 2020 at 3:27 pm

@colleensteele and @jenc even if there are some that don’t respond directly to this, I am sure that they are able to feel all of the love from the community and other PH communities at this time. I think that it’s important for people to be informed, but at the same time not in a total panic that you forget to find joy in the small things around you. I know it seems hard, but for many of us we have been finding joy in the “small things” all our life. We can do this together.

• jen-cueva

March 16, 2020 at 3:34 pm

So true, Brittany. It seems the news surrounding us is negative. I hope that everyone can find that small something positive in their every day lives. I know that for me, the support within the PH forums has been an enormous blessing, and I thank y’all for that.

We are accustomed to doing just that, as Brittany mentions. PH community, you are not alone and know that we want everyone to stay safe and also keep their sanity during the weeks ahead. Taking breaks by getting outdoors, even on your patio, can help. I know for me, it sure does. Sasha, our Mini Schnauzer, helps too.

• Colleen

March 16, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Very true, @brittany-foster. There are actually a lot of positives that can result from this experience. We have been gifted with more time with family and loved ones than what we normally get to enjoy. It is a beautiful day in WA. In a little bit I’m going to take my coffee outside and sit on my porch. Doing that is always a positive in my day. Hugs to you and @jenc! Take care of yourselves!

• jen-cueva

March 16, 2020 at 9:36 pm

You make some important points, @colleensteele. Enjoying more quality time with our families and loved ones are important.

I also went out back on my patio to enjoy the fresh air, just before the rain started. Stay safe, and yes, don’t forget to enjoy the simple things.

• Brittany Foster

March 17, 2020 at 5:56 pm

@colleensteele once the weather gets nicer I definitely am going to take advantage of the alone time but try to be outside as much as possible. I don’t like having to just stay in the house. I feel like I need that sunlight and those walks through the day with my dog to just keep my mental health in check. This is a hard time mentally for a lot of people and I know that small break and relaxation time really can mean a huge difference for someone. I know it does for me!