Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Have You Ever Had Your Lungs Drained Due To PH

• Have You Ever Had Your Lungs Drained Due To PH

Posted by Colleen on November 2, 2021 at 12:32 pm

@wheeldog has asked a good question. Have you ever had your lungs drained due to PH and was it your PH department that did the procedure?

Roger believes his need for having his lungs drained is only Cancer related. Is it possible that it is PH related too? What has your experience been?

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 2, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Excellent question, @colleensteele, not only for @wheeldog for others reading.

I have heard of those with PH needing to have their lungs and abdomens drained at times because of accumulated fluids. I believe in Roger’s case; his oncologist thinks it is more related to his cancer medications.

@wheeldog, I can understand how valuable your team at UCSD has been for you. While I am unaware of any Phriends seen at Hillcrest, this doesn’t mean that they won’t work closely with the PH Center in La Jolla.

I would ask if they think it could be coming from either one or a little from both sides. Whatever the reason, I hope and pray that it slows and eventually stops in your case.

Please do keep us posted. I know that you are most likely busy with getting ready to head to AZ. Safe travels, my PHriend.

• Roger Bliss

November 2, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Got my lung drained today. Only had 1.1 liters. It keeps going down every time it gets drained. Glad I didn’t wait 2 months to get it drained though. Passed my DOT physical yesterday, so I am good to drive for another year.

Got to take it easy for the rest of today and tomorrow. Then as soon as I can get everything taken care of up here we are off.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2021 at 12:54 pm

Hey @wheeldog, I am grateful to hear that the amount of fluid drained off your lungs decreases each time. Let’s keep this going.

Yay, Congrats on your DOT physical; you will be good to work once you get back from AZ. Please do try and take it easy as instructed before you get back on the road to AZ.

Safe travels to you and your wife. Please let us know once you arrive safely in between your activities there.