Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

On Sept. 30, PHA is having a virtual Advocacy Day for medical professionals.

They need our help to amplify the message medical professionals will send to lawmakers on Advocacy Day.

It is simple with PHA’s email template. Let’s email our senators and representatives to let them know why these issues matter to us.

PHA will send all messages on Sept. 30 to make a significant impact with Congress on Advocacy Day.

Can we count on you? It only takes a few minutes of your time. Feel free to edit the template to share why these topics matter. Share your PH stories; this amplifies our voices.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

I shared my PH story, and it took less than 5 minutes using the template that PHA has provided. I added a few personal details to amplify my patient voice.

If you decide to reach out and use the templates, let us know what you think. Let’s talk about it; I am happy to help if I can.

Jill Upshaw
      Participant

Done. The template made it easier and quicker. Thank you.

Gayle Ward
        Participant

Thanks for the template. It was quick and easy. I’ve send it to my representatives.

gayle

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@upshtcx and @gward it is so awesome that you are making an effort to advocate in this way. Thank you!

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Awesome job, @upshtcx, and @gward. I think many are intimidated and don’t know how simple and fast this can be. We must amplify our voices as patients and caregivers.

Thank you both for making a difference and sharing your feedback.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Thanks to you all who did this simple step to help spread awareness. On September 30, PHA’s Virtual Advocacy Day was successful.

Below is part of the email from Jaeger, the advocacy and treatment access coordinator at PHA.

Thank you for making the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) ‘s virtual Advocacy Day a success! On September 30, pulmonary hypertension (PH) advocates sent 250 messages to more than 120 legislative offices through PHA’s Advocacy Action Center.

Your emails amplified the messages of the health care professionals who virtually met with lawmakers. We held 36 legislative meetings with the offices of 21 senators and 15 representatives.

Highlights from Advocacy Day visits include:
      One legislative staffer had a personal connection to PH.
      Several offices were interested in co-sponsoring the Safe Step Act.
      Two congress members may introduce legislation for the protection of charitable assistance in the House.
      These meetings, along with your messages to Congress, will help push forward legislation that could improve the lives of people with PH, such as limiting step therapy requirements and protecting access to charitable assistance.

I’m so proud of the PH community for coming together and advocating to make a difference for people with PH and others who struggle with costly, chronic health conditions.

This is our voices being heard. Thank you all for helping to make this such a successful event.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account