Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health How Well Do You Deal With Change?

• How Well Do You Deal With Change?

Posted by Colleen on June 9, 2020 at 1:10 pm

My son has been doing really well for a long time but the effects of his kidney disease is becoming more prominent. Dealing with decline is not something new to us but now we are facing the realities of a different disease. This change is familiar yet different and it is complicating our emotions. I wrote about this in my recent column.

How well do you deal with change, especially when it is regard to your health? What helps you stay focused on facing new challenges and not get distracted by worry? I would appreciate hearing your experience.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

June 10, 2020 at 8:54 pm

@colleensteele, I can only imagine how the fear and anxiety was startled in some ways last week. I am so sorry that Cullen had that emergency. As a mom, it must be terrifying as you had almost learned to relax a bit with some stability in his health.

I hate that his kidneys are taking a toll. I am grateful that even with my kidneys stage 3-4, my blood pressure is usually on the low side. I hate that he has such a progression. I know that you will continue to advocate and do what you do best. You will get through this, you and your family, and your steadfast faith and prayers from everywhere.

Dealing with change, especially in regards to health, is not easy. I tend to worry myself too much for a bit. But then once I talk about it, write about it, and let others know, it feels better. I give it to God as I know my worrying will not take it away. Please remember that I am here anytime for support- hugs from Texas.