• If you could meet one celebrity who would it be?

Posted by brittany-foster on October 9, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I am so excited typing this topic. I am going to the Carrie Underwood concert tomorrow in Boston. Before I had my recent open heart surgery, my cardiologist asked me what he could do for me because he really felt for what I was going through. I jokingly said “get me to meet Carrie Underwood ” . And guess what!? I got a MEET and GREET tomorrow and I cannot wait to see my celebrity idol in person. All of her songs have gotten me through surgeries both the wait for surgery and the recovery. So many of her lyrics fill me with strength and hope.

If you could meet a celebrity, who would it be and why? Share in our forums! I can’t wait to share pictures with all of you!

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • ally1567

October 9, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Oh Brittany I am so happy for you and what a cool doctor have fun girl!! Miranda Lambert is who I would love to meet

• brittany-foster

October 9, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I love Miranda Lambert, she is just so awesome and doesn’t care about what anyone thinks of her. Her music always gets me pumped up too. She came to a country fest near me with Kenney Chesney a few years ago, but unfortunately I missed that one ! I usually go to his tour every Summer. It is always late August but is seriously the BEST night of Summer by far!

• robin-webster

October 9, 2019 at 2:13 pm

I can’t decide whether to say fortunately or unfortunately … but, due to my job (and even previous jobs) I’ve had occasion to meet quite a bit of celebrities. For the most part I have been underwhelmed, sometimes even flat out disappointed. So, although I’m sure I will continue to meet and work with them, there’s no one in particular I am looking forward to meeting. Not that celebrities are necessarily “heroes,” but there IS a well-known saying that “you should never meet your heroes.” There’s a good bit of logic behind this, at least in my experience.

• Colleen

October 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Robin, I kind of get what you are saying. I’ve watched interviews and biographies of “stars” that ruined my future enjoyment of their movies, shows or songs. Is there anyone famous that you met who didn’t disappoint you that you are able to tell us about?

In my recent column I wrote about my son’s wish to meet President George W. Bush. He was truly wonderful! We didn’t have any regrets in meeting him.

I have the feeling Carrie Underwood won’t disappoint Brittany. She seems like a very genuine, kind person.

• brittany-foster

October 9, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Colleen,
        That is one of the reasons why I really love her so much. She came from such humble beginnings and then reached stardom through American Idol. She has really come a long way since and has headlined a few tours ! It is incredible to see them make it and she is one of the few that actually “made it” after winning idol! She does a lot for Children’s hospitals too so that right there holds a special place in my heart.

• brittany-foster

October 9, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Robin,
      I know that even just seeing her won’t leave me feeling disappointed. I wouldn’t say that she is my hero, but definitely an idol of mine and someone that I looked up to for her sincerity and how she gives back to others. Her lyrics in her songs are just super powerful. I can’t wait to have her write it out for me so I can get it tattooed on my inner arm. That’s my request when I see her!

• jen-cueva

October 9, 2019 at 4:17 pm

QWow, Brittany, I love the lyric tattoo idea. I am so pumped, I just told my daughter today and she was like Cullen, her mouth dropped. I was like yes, I want her Cardio, LOL

I do not have a specific celebrity as I have met a few people in person who just runnier it for me. I also have read or seen interviews with some and I was like, wow, I no longer look up to this person. Hehe

Carrie Underwood is awesome, I know she will be very down to earth. I always thought maybe Cheryl Crow would be a good choice. have always liked her, thinking I could sing just like her, LOL

• brittany-foster

October 10, 2019 at 7:55 am

I really hope she writes it for me ! That’s literally my one request. That song lyric has gotten me through this past year and I would listen to that song over and over again while waiting to go back into the OR. Singers may not realize the impact that their songs have on someone’s life unless you tell them and I can’t wait to tell her in person today. Cheryl Crow would also be someone that would be great to meet ! That and all the comedians that I love, especially Ellen!

• Colleen

October 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Brittany, I was telling Cullen about this today and his jaw dropped! He said, “Wow, that is no small thing. Her doctor sounds awesome!”

We are sooo excited for you!

• brittany-foster

October 9, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Colleen,
      I can’t wait to show you guys the pictures. I have been looking forward to just GOING to the concert for SO LONG!!! Meeting her is seriously something I would never have imagined. Every time I see her even on the TV I’m just awe struck. I hope I say the right things !

• Colleen

October 9, 2019 at 2:42 pm

Brittany,
    Have you kept a blog or Caringbridge. If so I would make up a little business card with the ling to give her so she can look you up later. You might be surprised by how much she wants to learn about you too. I still can’t believe you are going to meet her. That is so crazy!

• Colleen

October 9, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Brittany,
    How did you even come up with the lyric tattoo idea! I would have never thought of that. That’s brilliant. I hope she is willing to do that for you!

• brittany-foster

October 10, 2019 at 7:44 am

I hope so too! You can’t give out cards or “gifts” but I definitely want to tell her about my blog Recharged and Rewired and see if she has the time to read some of what I write. I think it could really help to inspire a lot of people too. That would be amazing if she could give us some recognition and awareness !

• robin-webster

October 9, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Brittany, I have heard on good authority that Carrie is just as sweet and genuine as can be, so I’m sure you aren’t going to be disappointed! Can’t wait to hear about it.
    If I had to pick one, I think one of the most down-to-earth celebrity-level people I have met is Jerome “The Bus” Bettis. (Pittsburgh Steelers fans will know who this is, but I don’t know if everyone else will or not.) I’ve spent a fair amount of time with him for work events (and my husband has spent even more time with him.) I can’t say a single bad thing about him and could tell several tales about his generosity of spirit. He’s the type of person you’d just want to hang out with as friends, because while he is very accomplished and well-known, he doesn’t act any differently than anyone else. I’ve never met a celebrity I’d be comfortable inviting to my home, but if Jerome were around longer than the one to two days we are extremely busy with our work event, I’d definitely have him over for BBQ. LOL!

• brittany-foster

October 10, 2019 at 7:46 am

Robin,
      That’s awesome that you at least me one or a few people that seems genuine. Carrie just seems like the type of person with a really good heart and very caring. From people that have met her personally too they said that they were not disappointed. She really takes the time to listen to everyone’s stories and I hope she will take some time to hear a little about mine. Even though the oxygen will be a clear giveaway that something is going on LOL but I honestly am really looking forward to it. Even if I don’t get to have a chat with her, just SEEING her in front of me and taking a picture with her would just make my entire life!

• jimi-mcintosh

October 10, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Beyonce

• brittany-foster

October 11, 2019 at 8:14 am

Beyonce would be awesome too and I bet she is so fun to see! Why would you pick Beyonce? Do you listen to her music, if so what’s one of your favorites from her? I love her older song “irreplaceable” it’s empowering LOL

• jen-cueva

October 12, 2019 at 9:10 am

@jimi, yes. Queen B would be awesome to meet, she’s beautiful ,talented and from Houston.