Tagged: , ,

• v-r-peterson

February 16, 2021 at 2:13 pm

I’ll be keeping our Texas members in my thoughts and prayers.

• carol-volckmann

February 16, 2021 at 2:53 pm

When I read the news this morning I thought the freezing weather etc was way north of Jen. Our prayers and thoughts are with her and anyone else caught up in the severe weather leaving them without electricity and water. I can only hope they have propane stove and/or camping gear to keep them warm and enough oxygen and ability to get water. Pray this will be over very quickly!

• Carol King

February 17, 2021 at 11:52 am

I Live in the panhandle of Texas, so we are used to cold weather, but not the record setting Artic Blast. In the rolling black out woke me at 7:30 Yesterday. I sleep with a BiPap with oxygen. I grabbed the oxygen bottle beside of my bed. When I called the Coop that serves us I was told it was the rolling black out. We live in the country so no electricity We have no water either. anyway it was out for 45 minutes and hasn’t been out since and we are fine. A few inches of snow and some ice this morning. The central part and southern part of Texas are not prepared for this and are really having trouble. Thanks for checking.

• Colleen

February 17, 2021 at 3:17 pm

@carol-king thank you for letting us know that you are doing ok in the Texas weather. Praying you don’t lose power again.

I heard that Texas is on it’s own power grid. The weather caused everyone to turn on their heat around the same time, and that caused an overload and crashed their system. They’re having problems bringing it back online and don’t expect things to get better until it warms up. Have you heard when they are expecting it to warm up?

• Carol King

February 18, 2021 at 12:35 pm

In the Panhandle we are more prepared for cold and have ceased the rolling back outs for our region. The schools and other non-essential businesses. The rest of the state have it really bad. They had ice first and lots of downed power lines. Everyone is working hard to help but in this cold weather the cold is hard on everyone. Saturday is to be our first day of really warm temptures, but maybe above freezing tomorrow. not good for broken water pipes the will show up as it gets warm. Keep praying for the whole state.

• Colleen

February 18, 2021 at 8:21 pm

@carol-king thank you for explaining why some have power back others do not. I read another message from Jen’s husband this morning…still no power and water. Prayers continue!

• Colleen

February 17, 2021 at 8:15 pm

I heard from @jenc husband. He was getting gas for the generator and picked up a signal. Their phone service is very unreliable, no power, no interwebs and limited water. But Jen wants everyone to know that she is ok.

• carol-volckmann

February 18, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Thank you Colleen for keeping everyone updated on our Texas friends. You are always right there for all! I was really concerned, no, worried about Jen. Prayers and hopeful energy the power will come back on, water will be available and no broken pipes. To all of our Texas friends lots of love ❤

• sally-hoffman

February 18, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Thank you Colleen. Have been praying for Texas.

• jen-cueva

February 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele, @cdvol3gmail-com, @mainegal. I am happy and grateful to report yesterday we finally had power, internet, water, and phone services. It was a long few days. But I am grateful that we had the generator and a wood-burning fireplace.

I appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers from y’all as always. I miss you all when I am away.

Hi @carol-king, yes, I bet y’all on the panhandle are more accustomed to this cold stuff. Houston and Galveston area, not so well, lol.

Please stay safe and warm, y’all!

• Colleen

February 22, 2021 at 6:29 pm

@jenc so happy to have you back safe and sounds. Now you can start using your heated vest again. I bet you missed it!

• jen-cueva

February 23, 2021 at 11:40 am

Funny story, Colleen. My hubby hooked up my heated blanket a few times to help. But I missed my vest. It is crazy what we take for granted. I forgot how many times I need water to wash my hands, etc. I also needed power for pretty much everything, hehe.

I am so happy to be back with y’all- I missed y’all.

• carol-volckmann

February 21, 2021 at 4:34 pm

YEAH!!!! I am so relieved you have electric, water, internet and HEAT! I know some in Texas and in other States are still struggling. And hands clap for Manny for setting up the generator and the grill. Let us pray this does not happen again! Stay well and warm Jen. Hugs to you Manny and Sasha! ????❤

• jen-cueva

February 22, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for your support @cdvol3gmail-com. You are too kind. We are so happy to have the basics of life back. Manny was running around non-stop, making sure we had what we needed and then some, lol.

Sasha does not understand the heat is back on. She continues to steal my blankets and pillows today, lol

• carol-volckmann

February 22, 2021 at 7:03 pm

Hey Jen, Sasha knows exactly how to take of herself. We can all learn from her! Three cheers for Manny, he’s a keeper! ????❤????

• jen-cueva

February 23, 2021 at 11:43 am

Thanks, @cdvol3gmail-com; I love my Sasha and Manny, too. He is definitely a keeper. It is a blessing to have an awesome hubby and caregiver.

How are things going there?

Big hugs coming your way from sunny Texas.

• carol-volckmann

February 23, 2021 at 7:01 pm

Hi Jen, all is well here. The sun decided to come out today!

As far as health issues, still working on getting control of my poo incontinence caused by Sclaraderma which also caused my PAH. The stimulator is still not working well while my PT is helping a bit all is not great yet.

The issue with all that is I have been unable to do any real exercises for my PH and that is not good. It is a process and I am trying to be patient (you know what that is like)!

Thanks again for your support and hugs. Love and hugs to you. Iam so happy ???? that you have elec etc back. Now you can focus on getting stronger! ❤