• Posted by Donna on August 18, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Do any of you have tips to help with breathlessness when talking? Or singing, for that matter?

I’m the administrator at my church, and Sundays are full of people asking questions and needing direction, as well as, of course, some hearty singing. I’m finding it difficult to get through the half-day without getting breathy when talking or singing, even with oxygen on and remaining seated during the songs. My family understands when I say “I need to stop talking now,” but I don’t want to do that to our parishioners.

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Brittany Foster

August 20, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Donna,
    I understand what it is like to feel breathless when talking and singing. I even feel very dizzy easily when talking for long periods of time. I would say try to space out when you are talking/singing if you can and try to avoid having to do them one right after the other. Make sure you let those who you are most comfortable with in the group know of your limitations and maybe you won’t have to read or sing as much for as long. You are doing the right things by wearing the oxygen and by making sure to sit. That is all that I can physically think of to do. Have you done any breathing practices like yoga to try to help with your over all breathing techniques? I’m sure doctors or physical therapists would have some suggestions that you can work on to exercise your lungs too. Just a thought ! Keep us updated.