Tagged: 

• Posted by brenda-denzler on August 25, 2022 at 10:24 am

Folks,

Trying to nail down travel arrangements for my diagnostic trip to Boston in early October. I’m not a city mouse, so things like taking commuter trains and subways and busses is intimidating to me and, honestly, stressful territory. I’d like some travel hints from more experienced travelers, if anyone can offer some:

How do I most cost-effectively but efficiently/do-ably get between Logan Airport and the Boston Marriott Newton hotel in Newton, MA?

There is no courtesy shuttle. Should I think taxi? Uber? Lyft?

What about getting between the hotel and the hospital. Google says it will take 39 minutes to walk. While I want to tire myself out before the test so that I let them see me at my worst, not my best, I’m not 100% sure I could walk for 39 straight minutes. So that leaves the question, again:

How do I get between the hotel and the hospital? Taxi? Uber? Lyft?

If anyone has experience with Uber and Lyft, what are your opinions of the two services?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 25, 2022 at 2:21 pm

Hi @brendad53, definitely know that taxis in Boston are crazy expensive. We used one once and walked; I was in my W/C most of the time and we used a shuttle.

Were any of the resources I shared with you helpful? I will look to see if I have anything else related to Boston. I’ve only taken an Uber once. I shared my travel with my daughter at the time so she could track me like a “pizza delivery,” as she said. (Yeah, great to know I’m as precious as a pizza)

But you can download the apps of Uber and Lyft. You may then know how much else it would cost to choose the cheapest option.

We stayed at a La Quinta that was a bit father several times. They offer hospital discounts and a shuttle every hour or two. We stayed there 3-4 times and met many people traveling to Boston for medical care.

The subways have cards you can purchase, it’s cheaper or was to buy it for the length of stay if you’re using it. It was confusing until we went a few times. But they have people who will usually help you find where you’re going.

If I find anything else, I’ll let you know. Maybe others have ideas.

• jen-cueva

September 9, 2022 at 11:07 am

Hey @brendad53, it’s been a little while since you last posted. You were dealing with a rash and taking steroids. How are you feeling this week?

Did you get any other suggestions on traveling to and from the hospital from your hotel while in Boston?