Tagged: ,

• What Are Your Plans For Passover and Easter?

Posted by Colleen on March 26, 2021 at 3:23 pm

@jenc and I wish happy Passover to all our members celebrating.

How are you spending Passover this year? For those celebrating Easter next week, what are your plans?

The four of us will remain at home for Easter and just have some nice quality family time, good food and log into our church for Mass.

jen-cueva replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Chris

March 29, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Busy here! Good Friday and two services Sunday morning. There is a daily devotion that I wrote that we are posting on the church’s website. Two days of music practice too, I am busy all week!!

Many blessings to you and yours!!

• Colleen

March 30, 2021 at 6:14 pm

@b2testnav but it is such a good busy! Prior to my son’s transplant I was a parish secretary for 10 years and before that, a director of religious education. Holy week is very busy but it is fulfilling work on so many levels!

Really happy to hear that your health has improved and you are enjoying doing what you love. Thanks for sharing!

• jen-cueva

April 6, 2021 at 8:28 am

Hi, @b2testnav. That sounds like a busy week to prepare but worth it for Easter services. Did you actually write the devotional? Cold, you share that here or even the link? I would love to read it. I hope that this week you are resting after such a busy and joyous week.

• Susi Steppins

April 2, 2021 at 11:25 am

Hello.
    We have a busy Easter weekend ahead of us.
    We will start on Saturday by planting 10 fruit trees in our yard.
    I have wanted fruit trees for so long and now that we have a house with a couple of acres we finally have the room to do it.
    The Colorado climate is good for quite a variety of trees.
    We will have apple, cherry, plum, peach and pear trees.
    So excited about that.
    Plus the weather couldn’t be nicer for it.
    Then on Easter we will bbq with our children and our grandchildren.
    Grandpa and myself bought a slide for our 2 year old granddaughter and we are going to try and find some sort of water toy for the yard for her to play with.
    Any suggestions for outside toys for a 2 year old would be welcome. 🙂

I wish everyone a very Happy Easter.

• Colleen

April 2, 2021 at 11:34 am

@s-steppins that sounds like a lovely Easter weekend planned! When my boys were that age they enjoyed bubbles and side-walk chalk and if it’s warm enough, a kiddie sprinkler would be fun.

I had pear trees in my back yard growing up. It is actually a nice childhood memory of waiting for them to be ripe enough to pick and eat.

Have a very happy Easter!

• Colleen

April 5, 2021 at 1:52 pm

How was you Easter? It was just me, my husband and 2 sons and enough food to last us 2 weeks. I hope everyone had a peaceful, happy day!

• jen-cueva

April 6, 2021 at 8:35 am

Hi @colleensteele, it was quite her too on Easter. Manny, my hubby, actually had work. But together we made a 2 sheet pan meal for 2. We did have leftovers, too. We had ham, pineapple, potato salad, roasted whole carrots, and asparagus. We also shared 1 slice of coconut cake the I had him pick up at the grocery store.

Nice and relaxing for sure after a busy few weeks.

• Terry

April 5, 2021 at 5:48 pm

G’Day ,
    Well we had an easter never to be repeated.
    Three days prior to good friday our State Premier (Governor) put our Town of over two million into lockdown because of three locally acquired covid cases. So only allowed to leave house for essentials or to work if cannot be done from home.
    Thats unfortunate but ok.
    On Sat. Wife and I go shopping. Wife trips over between two parked cars lands face down subsequently breaking wrist and nose plus multiple bruising etc. Looks like she has just done 12 rounds in the ring.
    Ambulance takes her to hospital I follow. Arrive at hospital to be told I am not allowed in , no exceptions .
    I ring every two hours to check on progress and at 2200hrs. I’m told she has been discharged. What! No one rang me to pick her up. Seems a misunderstanding they thought she rang me and took her down to pick up waiting room at 2100 hrs. and she assumed they rang wher I found her at 2230hrs.
    Oh I rushed in without mask on and they kicked me out to put one on.
    All of the above was the easy part.
    I can make toast ,boil and egg and heat instant noodles.
    I had never used the microwave, stacked the dishwasher let alone turn it on or made coffee how she likes it.Forget turning on the oven or cooker I’ll blow the house up. Daughter came over with some meals that only required heating . Easy yes? No trust me .
    Today I have to do the washing and hang out clothes on line.
    OMG whats this no reds with whites bullsh.. ,How much powder do I put in , Do I use wool wash . Bugger I will grit teeth and do what I do on the boat in a storm .
    Oopps boss just woke up and needs help to get to loo before a calamity.
    See Ya

• jen-cueva

April 6, 2021 at 8:39 am

Oh wow, @terry, I am so sorry to hear of this chaotic Easter weekend. I hate that your wife fell and had to be hospitalized. I am certain that although you don’t know how to work most appliances at home, maybe she can supervise you and tell you when she is awake.

If you need some extra support as she recovers, please check-in and let us know. We want to help you best as we can.

Dish service not included, hehe.
      Take care of yourself, too.

• Colleen

April 6, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Oh no @terry! That is awful. I hope her recovery is going well and that you will survive all your new responsibilities. Just don’t throw reds in with whites unless you like wearing pink.

• jen-cueva

April 6, 2021 at 8:32 am

Hi @s-steppins, that sounds like a busy Easter weekend. I love the idea of all of those fruit trees. As a kid, we always had some fruit trees or bushes near. I loved the blueberry and blackberry bushes. But we also had figs, plus, and crab apple trees that I can remember.

I love that you and your kids and grandkids could gather and celebrate Easter together. I can’t wait to hear what toys you ended up with the 2-year-old. I loved and still do love bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and silly putty or play dough were things I remember from years ago.

• Chris

April 6, 2021 at 11:26 am

Jen @jenc,
    Yes, I did write them. Just checked the church’s website (sunrisecitychurch.com) and that link has been removed, but here is a link to a google drive folder that I hope will give anyone access. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DeqcOC1JKMV2IA-YFLiLGcA0jQVv419m?usp=sharing

I love the Spring bursting forth here in NW Florida. Life in abundance!!

@terry, I will pray your wife heals quickly, sounds like you really need her badly. Thankful for your family who is able to help. Keep your bow into the waves!

• Colleen

April 6, 2021 at 4:09 pm

@b2testnav well done and thank you for sharing! We enjoy our members sharing their personal accomplishments as much as their medical. We are so much more than the PH diagnosis!

• jen-cueva

April 7, 2021 at 10:03 am

Wow, @b2testnav, this is incredible! I love that you are sharing the google file to look at these when we need some hope and gentle reminders. You can see the hard work and passion that you put into each of these.

Thanks so much. I know others may enjoy reading those, too.

This must be refreshing for you, and I hope to know that you are helping others.

• Chris

April 7, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Thanks everyone!! I wrote these last year during the COVID lockdown for the Church and updated them this year. It was interesting last year since the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread’s Day of Preparation (Nisan 14) fell on our Wednesday like it did the year Jesus was crucified (not always the case) with the following Sunday being Easter. Understanding the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread harmonizes the Gospel accounts and results in a full 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb before the resurrection on the 1st day of the week (our Sunday) and the celebration of First Fruits.

Many blessings to you all!!

• Colleen

April 7, 2021 at 5:40 pm

God bless, @b2testnav! These past two years have been interesting in more ways than one!

• jen-cueva

April 8, 2021 at 10:46 am

Yes, it”s been such an interesting year, and this year is a continuum. You are a blessing to your church and each of us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and notes.

Before COVID, did you do work within your church? Or was this new as you had extra time on your hands?

Take care of yourself, don’t be a stranger.