Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies What Treatments Are Working Well For You?

• What Treatments Are Working Well For You?

Posted by Colleen on January 27, 2020 at 3:48 pm

What PH treatments are you currently taking that you contribute to an improved quality of life? What are you able to do now that you couldn’t before you were placed on this this treatment(s)? In what ways did you improve physically and how long did it take for the treatment(s) to start making a difference for you?

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Maireen Holt

February 7, 2020 at 11:16 am

So when I was first diagnosed I was in and out of hospital every other week or so, no exaggeration. However once I got on Uptravi and Opsumit I got better. You probably already know that you have to
    tyrate (spelling?) up to the end dose. I started at 200 mcg and now I’m at 800 mcg with 1600 as a desired end dose. There are some pretty good side effects, for me it was mostly a headache but the only last 4-5 days then subside. Once I got to about 400 mcg I gave up my room at the hospital! Lol, anyway hope this helps someone!

• Maireen Holt

February 7, 2020 at 11:21 am

Sorry a bit of a follow up as I didn’t read the entire post. It took around a month to start feeling better after I started on the Uptravi. And physically? I’m not in and out of hospital and I’m able to do a lot more around my house and such…. chores mostly but I couldn’t do them before. I’m hoping to start on my wood working projects here pretty soon, at least before it gets hot (I live in Phoenix, AZ.

• Brittany Foster

February 7, 2020 at 11:52 am

@maureenholt I am glad to hear that your treatments have been going okay for you. It is a relief when we don’t have to spend so much time in and out of hospitals or going back and forth to doctor’s appointments. It seems like every single day this week has just been appointment after appointment. It gets overwhelming to look at my calendar and see all that I have to do in a day and months to come just to maintain my level of health.

• Brittany Foster

February 7, 2020 at 11:53 am

@maureenholt I am sure your post will help to give others a lot of encouragement especially when they see that there ARE benefits to the treatments, as much as the side effects can be horrible and difficult to deal with. I am sure that waiting it out and pushing through it is probably worth it in the end to feel better and like you said, stay out of the hospital for as long as you possibly can for a better quality of life.