Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What’s on Your Medical Calendar for December?

• What’s on Your Medical Calendar for December?

Posted by jen-cueva on December 2, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Can you believe that we are already in December and on our way to 2022?

This month some of you are busy with the hustle and bustle of the holidays. But be sure to take it slow and rest in between.

We also add appointments that help us manage PH with this busy season. Do you have any appointments, new treatments, tests, or procedures that you would like us to support you through?

What is on your calendar?

For those that have been MIA, please pop in and let us know how you are doing. We love you and are here to support you as needed.

Colleen replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Randolph Reynolds

December 7, 2021 at 3:56 pm

I’ll be first to reply I suppose. My medical calendar for December has now been joined by my wife’s medical calendar.  She slipped on our hardware floor the Sunday after Thanksgiving and cracked her pelvis.  It was only a hairline fracture and didn’t require surgery but after being under hospital and therapy care for a week she is now home.

Prescott is Arizona’s Christmas City and we have numerous events built around music.  Before my PAH hit I played handbells with our church group and the high point of Christmas was a Vespers program with choir, small orchestra, and hand bells.  My wife, an excellent musician was part of this and of the music programs held in stores around our courthouse square the week after the courthouse and the trees surrounding it were officially lit.  Alas she won’t be doing that this year because of her injury.

She has already missed the first week of these festivities and so have I.  I have my usual INR blood check, a checkup with the dermatologist, and a video conference with my pulmonologist.  My wife has to see her orthopedic surgeon, her primary care doctor, and others.

Thankfully we have wonderful neighbors that helped me while she was in the hospital and now my son is here to help.  So even though we are missing the delightful events of the Advent Season we are thankful that we are again together.

• Colleen

December 8, 2021 at 3:30 pm

@ripple76 oh no, I am so sorry to hear about our wife’s fall, injury and disappointment of not being able to participate in the events you both look forward to every year. Would it be possible to at least attend to listen? Are the events live-streamed so you can enjoy them from the comforts of your home?

It sounds like you are blessed with the kind of neighbors who look out for one another. I love hearing stories about neighbors helping neighbors. And your son is home and in addition to his help, I’m sure having him near fills you with joy.

I wish you and your wife a special advent season in the comfort of your home and with the ones you love. May the new years bring you both improved health and healing.

• jen-cueva

December 9, 2021 at 11:10 am

Hi @ripple76, I’m so sorry to hear of your wife’s fall and need to be hospitalized. I can imagine this must be difficult for you both. This, along with missing your Advent holiday festivities, must be a disappointment.

It’s so good to hear that your wife is back home with you. It sounds like you are supported well by your neighbors, friends, and now your son. I hope you both can find something to do this holiday season to get into the spirit. Maybe one of the appointment days, you can drive by and look at the lit trees while playing some Christmas music of your choice.

This can be challenging to make all of our appointments and hers, too. How long is your son staying?

Please let us know how we can best support you during such a challenging time. I’m sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for you and your wife, Randy.

• jen-cueva

December 15, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Hi @ripple76, I wanted to check-in and see how your and your lovely wife’s appointments are going this month. How are y’all doing? I know that you both are grateful for your son and friends helping you both through this busy season of your lives.

Will you be havig family or friends in town for the holidays? I’m thinking of you and sending you and your wife some positive thoughts and prayers.

• Randolph Reynolds

December 15, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Jen

Thank you for your concern.  My son was here for a week and he made a major difference in being able to do the chores that I have difficulty doing.  Now that he is gone it has been challenging to pick up those chores myself.  He and his wife will be back between the 24th and 27th and that will help a little.  The Orthopedic Doctor told my wife yesterday that she would be in this situation for another four weeks.  Waiting for some bone to heal at our age is frustrating but she continues on unabated.

Our neighbor still walks the dog for us and others have volunteered to help with meals.  I can get myself around to doctor’s appointments and other places but I rely on a couple of friends to take me out to our luncheons.  All in all we are getting a lot of support,

In a way I have been spoiled since I went on full time oxygen.  I am accomplishing much more that I thought I could and it does tire me out.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  I believe are anchor is still hooked on hope in God.

• Colleen

December 16, 2021 at 9:23 pm

@ripple76 I always say and believe strongly that the majority of people are so much better than what the news would have us believe. I also have no doubt that those helping you are good souls, and so are you and your wife and that is why there is no shortage of people more than happy to help you both.

My son fought going on full time oxygen but once he did, he had to admit that it improved his quality of life quite a bit. I’m happy to hear that is your experience as well.

Enjoy your son and daughter-in-laws return at the end of the year. God bless and merry Christmas!

• jen-cueva

December 16, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Oh, @ripple76, I am sending extra healing thoughts to your wife. I know that this must be highly challenging for you after your son left. I’m happy that he and his wife will be back to spend some time during Christmas, too.

The amount of support from your friends and neighbors reminds us all that humanity is kind. Those people continue to exist, and for that, I am grateful, and I know you and your wife are, too.

Your limited ability with oxygen must be difficult. But it sounds like you are doing all you can and asking for help, which makes me proud. You are right; HE is our anchor in anything, my PHriend. Take care of yourself and continue to allow others to help you as your wife heals. I am wishing you both a Merry Christmas season. Thanks for the update.

• jen-cueva

December 16, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Oh, @ripple76, I am sending extra healing thoughts to your wife. I know that this must be highly challenging for you after your son left. I’m happy that he and his wife will be back to spend some time during Christmas, too.

The amount of support from your friends and neighbors reminds us all that humanity is kind. Those people continue to exist, and for that, I am grateful, and I know you and your wife are, too.

Your limited ability with oxygen must be difficult. But it sounds like you are doing all you can and asking for help, which makes me proud. You are right; HE is our anchor in anything, my PHriend. Take care of yourself and continue to allow others to help you as your wife heals. I am wishing you both a Merry Christmas season. Thanks for the update.