Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development Breaking News: FDA approves Opsynvi as 1st single-tablet PAH combo treatment

• Breaking News: FDA approves Opsynvi as 1st single-tablet PAH combo treatment

Posted by jen-cueva on March 25, 2024 at 6:00 pm

Late Friday, we had some exciting news: the FDA approved a new combo treatment for PH. It’s the first single-tablet combo treatment.  This fixed-dose tablet contains a combination of macitentan and tadalafil — to be marketed under the brand name Opsynvi — to treat adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

You can read our PH News team’s full story by clicking the link below.
    FDA approves Opsynvi as 1st single-tablet PAH combo treatment

Have you heard of this new treatment before? Where and what are your thoughts on this exciting new treatment?

jen-cueva replied 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Roger Bliss

March 26, 2024 at 7:47 pm

Never heard of that particular drug. I hope it helps a lot of people. I won’t be trying it though. I can handle Tadalafil ok, but as you know Opsumit threw me for a loop……not gonna try it again.

• Terese Tuohey

March 26, 2024 at 8:25 pm

One pill instead of 3? I’m all for it. I’ll be seeing myPAH Dr a the end of April and talking with her about this.

How are you doing, Jen?

• jen-cueva

March 27, 2024 at 1:45 pm

Hi, @Terese Tuohey; yes, I don’t blame you for wanting fewer pills if that’s an option. Please talk with your PH doctor next month and let us know her thoughts.

I am doing better, thanks. I am not back to my 100% yet, but I will slowly get there! 🐢 Thanks for asking. How are you doing? 🤗

• Terese Tuohey

March 28, 2024 at 7:10 pm

Jen, I ran out of teaspoons yesterday. I’ve been having way too much fun! I spent Sunday with Tim at a car show for most of the day, then ran errands on Monday, and Tuesday I spent with my sister-in-law for a day out shopping at antique stores in a small town about an hour from my home here in FL. It was wonderful, but I REALLY felt it yesterday and took this AM off just to sleep! I think I slept nearly 11 hours! Today is MUCH better! Wishing you a Happy Easter!

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 1:34 pm

Hi @Terese Tuohey, I am laughing and LOVE that you call them “teaspoons.” That’s what it feels like when we get there little spurts of extra. But you’ve had a busy and fun-filled week, my PHriend! So much fun, and yes, ma’am, that extra sleep always seems to help.

I’m guessing you all have a busy Easter weekend planned, too? Rest in between.

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones, Terese!💜

• Terese Tuohey

March 28, 2024 at 7:55 pm

One more thought: It’s a very short prayer and I thought you and the readers of this Forum might find it helpful. There is a Higher Power, or God, out there, and He is on our side, no matter what.

“I can’t;

You can.
    You promised –

Please do.

Amen”

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 1:38 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this short yet truthful prayer. I love it and saved it on my computer as a reminder when I or others need it!

Take care, and thanks so much for sharing, @Terese Tuohey!