Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 14 of #30Days of PH: My Experience With Worsening Symptoms

• Day 14 of #30Days of PH: My Experience With Worsening Symptoms

Posted by kevin-schaefer on November 15, 2022 at 9:15 am

Sakthivel “Prabu” Prabakaran grew up healthy, despite being born with one lung. He remained active until a major accident occurred 11 years ago. In that accident, his single lung collapsed, and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension slowly began to present themselves.

Prabu now struggles with various health issues, and he recently had difficulty traveling overseas to visit his family. Still, he continues to persevere alongside his wife and kids. He writes, “I hope everyone feels better and that this whole world soon becomes a better place for all of us to live.”

Click here to read the full story.

Do you have any takeaways from Prabu’s story?

Pulmonary Hypertension News’ 30 Days of PH campaign will publish one story per day for PH Awareness Month in November. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPH, or read the full series.

Colleen replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • brenda-denzler

November 15, 2022 at 3:41 pm

My take-away is that I will pray he has the opportunity to get another lung (or two?) so that his life can be better.

• jen-cueva

November 15, 2022 at 4:13 pm

Hi Prabu, I am sorry you experienced worsening symptoms while traveling to see your extended family. I know this must have been frightening for you and your family.

I hope and pray that your team at Madison will decide if it’s time for new lungs and get the process going. If not, hopefully, they will have another plan that may be switching or adding to your current treatments.

Keep persevering for your wife and kids. You can get through this.

Yes, I, too, hope the world becomes a much better place for everyone. Thanks for sharing, and please do keep us updated.

• Colleen

November 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm

Prabu you are quite the PHighter considering all that you have been through! Someone like yourself who is so concerned about the well-being of others deserves great happiness too. I pray for new lungs for you or at least the right decision regarding treatments so that you can start feeling better and enjoy a better quality of life.