Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Have You Experienced Any Issues Refilling Meds With Your Speciality Pharmacy?

• Colleen

July 7, 2023 at 12:44 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com that was how I handled Accredo when Cullen had PH. When I found someone I worked well I made them my primary Accredo contact person. I feel like that hasn’t been an option since Cullen’s transplant but it might be because the department is different…not PH focused. I also think quality has declined since Express Scripts came on board. The two entities do not communicate well with each other. Very disorganized.

I have plenty of meds for Cullen for the week we will be in WI. That is all that matters right now. If I have to battle more it will wait until we come back!

• jen-cueva

July 7, 2023 at 2:30 pm

Hi @colleensteele, it is unfortunate that the quality of care often decreases when companies join forces. I’ve noticed that at times with companies like when Aetna and CVS merged or combined somehow, CVS isn’t as friendly. Thankfully, one pharmacist at our local CVS is caring and helpful. But when I go for pick up, and she is off, and I have any questions, it’s a different place.

I’m so grateful that Cullen has plenty of medications for the WI trip. I am so frustrated that you must deal with the nonsense while trying to grieve and do so much to plan things.

• Carol Volckmann

July 7, 2023 at 2:31 pm

Colleen, you are absolutely right – ExpressScripts does not communicate with Accredo and since the merger quality of service has gone down hill.

So glad to hear Cullen does have enough meds while in WI and I pray the smoke will have cleared out for you.

Have a good weekend dear friend, be well be safe and I am sending you warm hugs 🤗.

Page 2 of 2