• Brittany Foster

November 12, 2019 at 8:31 am

I usually try to enjoy the holiday. Something that makes me really stressed is doing my shopping last minute. I always put a lot of pressure on myself to buy so much for my family because I don’t like to show up to places without anything. But I have learned that the gifts really don’t have to be expensive, just a thoughtful gift really goes a long way. Something from the heart is really cherished. I am going to try and find some time to craft some things for some of my family members or find different and unique gifts for them. This has helped to eliminate some of the stress. Also, when I do my shopping I like to do it early and through delivery services like Amazon! Helps avoid the rush of crowds which can be a lot when I’m not feeling well , especially with the colder weather.

• Colleen

November 12, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Yes, Amazon is an energy saver for certain! I really can’t handle the malls anymore. The crowds stress me out and I’ve find it easier to stick to a budget if I shop on-line. I do handmade gifts for special people, like the knot tie blankets, scrapbooks, and the picture calendars that can be made through Walgreens and many other places.

When my son was listed for transplant Christmas was downsized and has been every since. By that I mean, I don’t go crazy with buying gifts anymore. We have learned to make Christmas more about the decorations and family time. We still do gifts of course but we keep it to a minimum.

For the miscellaneous people I like to give gifts to, I honestly think there isn’t anything wrong with gift cards. I enjoy receiving them so hopefully other people do too.

• Brittany Foster

November 13, 2019 at 9:54 am

gift cards are one of my favorite things to get actually ! As we got older, my parents just ended up putting the gift cards or money in a stocking and that was out gift! I loved it !