Breath Biopsy To Help Diagnose PH

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brittany Foster 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Colleen Steele 
    Keymaster

The need for developing a way to diagnosis PH in patients early is right under that of finding a cure. Possibly we are getting closer to our second wish thanks to Owlstone Medical and Actelion Pharmaceuticals who are teaming together to develop a breath-based diagnostic test for Pulmonary Hypertension. The success of this development would mean both detecting PH early and determining the type of PH a patient has. Here is link to an article about this new hope for the future of PH.

Owlstone, Actelion Team Up to Develop Breath-based Test for Diagnosing PH

Brittany Foster 
    Keymaster

I think getting a proper diagnosis and getting diagnosed early is absolutely crucial. I am so thankful or the advances in research and medicine like this to hopefully help others get diagnosed sooner rather than later ! I have never heard of this test but I know that breathing tests were the driving force behind me getting a proper diagnosis and determining one of the major causes of my PH. If it weren’t for breathing testing, I wouldn’t know the central apnea an central breathing disorder that I have.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account