Study Finds Way To Reduce Hospital Infections and Protect Against The Flu

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

Infections and the flu are very worrisome for PH patients. Scientist, Stephanie Taylor, discovered in her research that dry air is the primary culprit of infections, especially in hospital settings. Her inexpensive solution is an instrument called a hygrometer. This is an interesting article worth reading.

Have you ever contracted an infection during a hospital stay? How do you protect your own home from the flu? What are your thoughts about Stephanie Taylor’s research and her theory about how to protect against infection and the flu?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leahbinder/2019/10/17/harvard-researcher-says-this-inexpensive-action-will-lower-hospital-infection-rates-and-protect-us-for-the-flu-season

Brittany Foster
      Keymaster

Great article to find, Colleen! I always get so grossed out when thinking about just how contaminated things really are. We never know all that we are touching! It’s good to know the science behind making sure things are as clean as possible or at least protecting ourselves through it all! I’ll have to look into this . I have had VRE and Cdiff from hospital settings
      Both were terrible. One of my aunts also contacted MRSA

Colleen Steele
        Keymaster

Brittany,
        I thought it was interesting and what she says makes sense. Fear of what could be lingering in a hospital is bad enough but what really makes me nervous is the ER. I’ve sat in ER waiting rooms having a panic attack watching parents allow children to crawl around the floor. Agh, I can’t even think about it!

Brittany Foster
          Keymaster

Colleen,
          As I’ve been admitted since Sunday I can’t even begin to tell you how gross those floors are. Especially with the vomiting, diarrhea, bacterial infections, mucus, etc that is all over that place literally everywhere. Someone’e pocket book needs a good sponge bath after that.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account