Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development And, we are on a roll, FDA approves sotatercept, now Winrevair!

• And, we are on a roll, FDA approves sotatercept, now Winrevair!

Posted by jen-cueva on March 27, 2024 at 1:12 pm

We’re buzzing with excitement in our PH community this month! The FDA has just given the green light to sotatercept, now called Winrevair, for treating PAH in adults—a breakthrough many of us have eagerly anticipated!

Our sharp BioNews News team is on the forefront again, sharing the scoop. According to them, this groundbreaking injection therapy will hit US specialty pharmacies by the end of April. Dive into the whole story through the link below.

FDA approves sotatercept, now Winrevair, to treat PAH in adults

The arrival of new treatments like this fills our PH community with hope. What are your thoughts on this fantastic news? Are you gearing up to start this much-anticipated treatment? Let’s talk about this!

jen-cueva replied 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Kathleen Grady

March 28, 2024 at 2:09 pm

I have already emailed my doctor about this and we are waiting for insurance and training and then I will be starting this….very excited.

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 11:11 am

So, we are waiting to hear from you as soon as you learn more from your doctor, @Kathleen Grady! This is one of the long-awaited treatments that many were holding on to hope for. Many PH teams also sound excited for their patients to begin this new type of treatment!

• Carol Volckmann

March 29, 2024 at 7:47 pm

This is very exciting news. I have talked with my Pulmonologist prior to the announcement and he feels I would be a good candidate for this now we wait to hear about the $$$$ . Will Insurance plans, Medicare and Supplement insurance pick this up. The cost we understand is $14,000/vial every 21 days.

I have gone through subQ till it was do painful I had to transition to tge IV Hickmann line with the CAAD pump – no pain, but limiting and going through all the supplies every month that is needed – but sure better than subQ!

Fingers crossed 🤞

• jen-cueva

April 1, 2024 at 1:57 pm

Hey, @Carol Volckmann, you are not alone in your excitement, yet you are also worried about how we will pay for this treatment. Because I’ve talked to many PHriends this past week who echo your thoughts, I wrote my column that will be published on Wednesday.

I’ll share my column as it launches later this week. Until then, we can all cross our fingers and toes. 😉

Cheers to another new week and a new month. 🌸

• jen-cueva

April 4, 2024 at 2:28 pm

As promised, @Carol Volckmann and all, I will link my recent column to this topic. So many have shared their excitement while also being concerned. Give my column a read, and let’s talk about this! What have you heard? Share your concerns because I bet others have them, too.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/columns/approval-new-treatments-pulmonary-hypertension-hope-concerns

• jen-cueva

April 12, 2024 at 11:50 am

Our PH News team shared an update in an article this week. How’s everyone feeling about this new treatment as the availability is closer? Check out the full news story below.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/news/winrevair-pah-treatment-adults-available-soon-us/