• Check Your Attitude!

Posted by Colleen on July 16, 2020 at 4:20 pm

So, how has your attitude been lately? Have you been in a good mood, a bad one or bouncing back and forth between the two? Are you feeling hopeful and strong or discouraged and weak? How is your sense of humor holding up – or is it more like sarcasm? There is no wrong answer. We all have to check our attitudes from time to time.

Due to stress I’ve been a roller coaster of attitude this week. I’m trying to adjust it with humor and a good nights sleep tongiht.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Alfred Gronroos

July 17, 2020 at 10:35 am

Hi Colleen. Very interesting topic. I have been in a good mood lately. I try hard to appreciate and acknowledge all the good that is in my life. I am financially stable even tho my wife is supporting UPS and Fed Ex. It is a daily stop for the drivers. Too bad for the social distancing or she would know them personally. My sense of humor left me as I reached adulthood. It was replaced with sarcasm and skeptism. I have very much to be thankful for, nice house, great food, loving wife and children. I wrote them in backwards order. The lack of mental training perhaps? Please be safe everyone. Al in Arizona

• jen-cueva

July 17, 2020 at 11:56 am

Hi @colleensteele, this is an important and timely topic. I think we must check in with ourselves daily, sometimes more than that to check our attitudes.

Usually, it is in my nature to be positive. But lately, I, too have found that I am up and down and know that this is related to the added stress of my hospital visit and waiting for things. It seems that as I get older, my patience is not as good as before. My hubby says it is because all that we have dealt with and continue to deal with. Do y’all find this to be true or has your patience improved?

I remind myself each morning that I am blessed to see another day and start off positive but too often dealing with calls and not getting the answers that I need, the positivity wanes a bit. Sending out big hugs and positivity to y’all! Happy Friday!

• jen-cueva

July 17, 2020 at 12:01 pm

@alfredjohn, I had to laugh when I read about your wife and the FedEx and UPS drivers- hehe. I love that humor! I think that although you said you humor left, I see it as you post often. You still have it, which is positive. We need a bit of humor with all that we deal with.

Sarcasm is not my usual, but I have noticed it pop in a bit recently. My hubby uses sarcasm to deal with things, too.

You mention the things that you are grateful for, including your home, wife, and kids, that is positive that you remind yourself of those important blessings. How old are your children?