Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 23 of #30DaysofPH: Caring for My Wife From PH to Transplant

• Day 23 of #30DaysofPH: Caring for My Wife From PH to Transplant

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on November 23, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Bryan Stephens is a retired U.S. combat veteran and a caregiver for his wife. He writes about how his wife had PH and received a lung transplant.

He writes, “Tammy’s strength and will to survive are what has gotten her this far. She lives for others, especially her family and close friends. We have many plans together and goals to achieve. My advice for others facing transplants, or for caregivers or spouses of transplant patients, is don’t give up and don’t run.”

Click here to read the full story.

Do you have any takeaways from Bryan’s story?

Pulmonary Hypertension News’ 30 Days of PH campaign will publish one story per day for PH Awareness Month in November. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPH, or read the full series.

Colleen replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 28, 2022 at 1:29 pm

I loved reading Bryan’s love story for his beautiful, courageous wife, Tammy. I was honored to meet Tammy and her parents one year at a PH Conference when we lived in Texas. They are a loving and supportive family. So, I know that Bryan is the same.

He shares how they care for each other. It reminded me of how Manny and I try to help take care of each other.

Their faith and love for one another shine through; I’m so happy that Tammy met Bryan when she did. She deserves someone wonderful like herself. Thank you both, Bryan and Tammy, for sharing your PH journey with us.

• Colleen

November 28, 2022 at 9:16 pm

What a lovely story Bryan shares! What’s nice is that he makes it clear that although he is his wife’s caregiver, she has always done her best to take care of him too. I agree @jenc their story sounds a lot like you and Manny.