Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 25 of #30DaysofPH: Learning to Be PHabulously Independent

• Day 25 of #30DaysofPH: Learning to Be PHabulously Independent

Posted by Marco jimenez on November 28, 2022 at 12:00 pm

“My parents have listened to my needs so I can feel independent and make some of my own decisions.” Brinley Marks is learning to be “PHabulously” independent.

To read the rest of Brinley’s story and learn more about her journey, click here

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we feature a different story and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Colleen replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 28, 2022 at 1:42 pm

What a beautiful young lady Brinley is. But she is also resilient and courageous for her age. Talking about being her best advocate at that age must be challenging.

I laugh as I read about causing her parents anxiety- all the teen years! Brinley, you are PHabously independent and amazing, girl. You can do anything.

I look forward to learning more about you and your next adventures. Will you be joining the forums?

Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring story!

• Colleen

November 28, 2022 at 9:02 pm

What I told Brinley when I read her story is that what she has shared will be helpful to both parents and teens. If I were a teen reading her story the first thing I would focus on that PH doesn’t have to keep you from living the “teen” experience. What a great read!