Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 28 of #30DaysofPH: 32 Years of Living With PH and Still Thriving

• Day 28 of #30DaysofPH: 32 Years of Living With PH and Still Thriving

Posted by Marco jimenez on November 28, 2022 at 7:00 pm

“The support of people facing the same challenges and hearing their experiences is invaluable”: Shirley Craig on how she’s thriving after 32 years of life with PH.

To read the rest of Shirley’s story and learn more about her journey, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we feature a different story and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

November 28, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Wow!…I am in awe of Shirley’s 32 year PH survival story! Hers is a good one for newly diagnosed patients to read because it is an example of how evert PH story is different and it IS possible to beat the odds. Newcomers are hit immediately with scary statistics, I hope somehow stories like this one also reach them.

• jen-cueva

November 29, 2022 at 1:44 pm

I’ve had the honor to meet Shirley in the Houston area on several occasions. She is as passionate in person as she shines through her inspiring story. Shirley and our late PHriend, Angie, were leaders of the support group meeting the first time I went.

Geez, that must have been 15-plus years! But we met again at events in Houston for PH awareness, etc. Shirley somewhat took a backseat but has always been active in the PH community. Now, as she mentions, she is back at it again. She is responsible for setting up virtual meetings, topics, and guest speakers. She also emails each local member to remind them of the upcoming meeting and usually gives notes after the call and emails that out, which is extremely helpful.

Thank you, Shirley, for showing us that you can thrive long-term with PH. I am almost 19 years, so I have ways to catch up. You truly are an advocate for the entire PH community. Many newly diagnosed will find hope in reading about your incredible journey.