Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Oxygen Users Did You Have a Hack for Kinked Oxygen Tubing?

• Susi Steppins

October 11, 2022 at 3:09 pm

@jenc I  have been using mine for a couple of weeks now. It really does work great.

I am sorry but I just wanted to be sure you know that I do not know the person who makes this. I truly just stumbled upon it while I was searching for something that might help.

• jen-cueva

October 11, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Hi @s-steppins, thanks for clarifying. My apologies; I misunderstood that part about knowing the person who sells them. I’m so grateful you stumbled across these, and they are helping with those annoying kinks in your tubing. Etsy has some pretty cool things to sell. I’ve shopped there for years, primarily for gifts.

• Nancy McSweeney

November 10, 2022 at 12:09 pm

You can get a swivel connector on Amazon.  This connects your cannula to the tubing.  NO more kinks.  Actually I learned about this connector on this forum.  It really does work.

• jen-cueva

November 10, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Hi @nancy-mcsweeney, yes, I love the swivel connectors. But I get mine from my oxygen company, Apria. So, they charge my insurance. I keep a few extras that help with longer tubing or when you need to connect two different tubes.

I’m so thankful that you learned about these here on the forums and that it works well for you! How are you doing?

• Nancy McSweeney

November 11, 2022 at 10:55 am

The person I talked to at Apria didn’t know what I was talking about. His suggestion was that I tape the tubing to the wall – not really workable.

• jen-cueva

November 11, 2022 at 2:30 pm

Wow, that’s not a good idea, @nancy-mcsweeney! I’m sorry that Apria didn’t know what a swivel connector was. If you want, call and give them the item number. Mine is from Salter Labs, and it says REF 1220-0. It comes with 1 in each pack. I get 3 usually. LMK if that helps with your Apria.

I think they could have had some changes recently. I was on the phone with them for 25 minutes and already spoke with them yesterday about my order. I haven’t had to do that before. Billing is also the same, with lots of communication issues lately.

Enjoy a lovely weekend, my PHriend.

• Colleen

July 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm

Welcome @ctbassmobilegmail-com

Christine asks the following: I would love to find someone or somewhere to ask questions about how to manage my 25 feet of tubing and how flammable is the oxygen coming out of the oxygen concentrator?

Christine feel free to scan the previous comments on this topic and ask questions.

Members, if you have more to add that might help Christine out please jump in.

• Janice Bronnenberg

July 26, 2023 at 9:02 am

I used Alex Tech split sleeving. It’s made for computers but works great for O2 tubing. I buy it from Amazon, and it last forever.

• jen-cueva

July 26, 2023 at 11:24 am

Hi @janice-l-bronnenberg, how are you doing? It’s been a while since I’ve seen your posts.

I’ll look up your tip on Amazon so I can share it here and be sure we have the correct item. Here is the Alex Tech page on Amazon, which shows many sizes of this split sleeving. Please comment on which one you find has worked best for you.

Alex Tech-Amazon-

Are you still in FL? How are your temps that way? This year the heat has been crazy unusual and warmer everywhere. How have things been for you? We would love to see you more in the forums.

Thank you for sharing your hack for kinked O2 tubing.

• Catherine Reid

July 26, 2023 at 9:05 am

For kinks in my portable O2 where the tubing becomes kinked with use. I use those messy bun hair ties that look like an old, coiled telephone cords.  I simply cut one in half and wrap it around the O2 tubing where it connects to the portable O2 machine.  I also cinch the coiled hair tie around the hub where tubing inserts to the portable O2 machine.  When I’ve been at the pulmonologist office everyone says how clever and simple the fix is.  

• jen-cueva

July 26, 2023 at 11:31 am

Hi @catygirl, thanks for sharing this tip using the coiled hair tie. I believe you shared these before, and maybe I forgot. But since I also use my portable O2 machine (POC), I need to note this.

My daughter was just here visiting for about a week. She had a few of those types. I didn’t snag one of hers, so I’ll buy a new pack. Plus, of course, she is constantly losing her hair ties. They are also budget-friendly, so a win-win in my book. Plus, I always like to keep extra things for her at our house when she returns.

Thanks again for sharing your tips; others like me have CRS or brain farts and forget so much. I often take screenshots on my phone as a reminder. One bad thing is I forget until I scroll through my phone days or months later. Hehe

• Colleen

July 26, 2023 at 11:36 am

@catygirl ingenious tip! Thank you for sharing! Doesn’t it feel good when you come up with an original idea that can also help others!

• Colleen

July 26, 2023 at 11:36 am

@catygirl ingenious tip! Thank you for sharing! Doesn’t it feel good when you come up with an original idea that can also help others!

• Catherine Reid

July 26, 2023 at 11:34 am

I would have included a personal pic but I do not know how to upload one to this site.

• jen-cueva

July 28, 2023 at 12:42 pm

Hi @catygirl, you can add your picture to your profile. If you click on your name and go to your profile, you can view, edit, and change your profile image and cover photo.

If you need more help with this, please let me or @colleensteele know, and we will be happy to help you.

• Cass

October 26, 2023 at 6:24 pm

My husband designed a piece to prevent oxygen tubing from kinking and it works! Look at it on Etsy. We also designed some clips to hold up the extra tubing. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1410642408/

Page 2 of 2