Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition Do you have a favorite homemade cookie?

• Do you have a favorite homemade cookie?

Posted by jen-cueva on December 15, 2023 at 9:22 am

By baking some delicious cookies, prepare to celebrate Bake Cookies Day on December 18th! ‘Tis the season for homemade treats, so we’d love to hear about your favorite cookie recipe.

As for me, I can’t resist the irresistible Snickerdoodles! But when it comes to Christmas, my daughter KK and I have a tradition of making Christmas Cut-Out Cookies with our special homemade frosting. These delightful sugar cookies are delicious, especially with a generous helping of creamy icing.

And this year, we might venture into the world of homemade gingerbread cookies because who can resist that delightful ginger flavor?

I can already smell the sweet aroma wafting from the oven. Do you have a favorite homemade baked cookie? Are you more of a soft and chewy fan, or do you prefer nice and crispy cookies? Let’s share our cookie love!

jen-cueva replied 4 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Valerie

December 16, 2023 at 9:43 am

Hello!

What a cozy holiday topic, Jen! 👍

I can’t spend a day without cookies (I know it’s harmful, but it’s so delicious!)

I like your idea of sugar cookies with icing frosting! Now I want to make it too. It’s not that hard, right?

I used to really like baking completely different cookies. Once I baked A LOT of gingerbread men with pink and blue icing, it was a lot of fun!

The ingredients are limited for me now, but I keep cooking something. I really love muffins. I often make simple and quick cookies made from milk, butter, sugar and gluten-free flour. If you add an egg and put a lot of dough into molds, you will get cupcakes.

I didn’t know that December 18th would be such a delicious holiday! It’s a good day ahead of the holidays. I think a lot of people are already preparing to build a gingerbread house. I can feel the pleasant sweet smells right now!

• jen-cueva

December 18, 2023 at 1:20 pm

Hi @val, I agree cookies are so delicious. I try not to bake them too often because I know I will eat more than I should. 😉 Yes, the basic sugar cookie and icing are pretty easy. I am sure you can figure out how to make it fit your dietary restrictions. It sounds like you’ve experienced some already.

I still need to make gingerbread. But I think we will try to bake “ninja bread” cookies. It’s just gingerbread with ninja decorations. My daughter found this recipe. But it should be fun! I like the sound of your gingerbread cookies that were made with fun.

We aren’t baking today, probably Thursday, because she has busy work and a workout schedule. She’s in a Jujitsu competition in February.

Do you have any plans to bake this week, Val?