Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Caregivers and Family Members Do You Have A Sibling That Could Benefit From The PH Forums?

• Do You Have A Sibling That Could Benefit From The PH Forums?

Posted by Colleen on August 26, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Many of our forum members who are caregivers are parents or spouses but we don’t often have siblings join. PH siblings often carry a lot of weight on their shoulders. They also worry, make sacrifices and as adults, often will participate in the role of caregiver.

If you have a sibling that you think would benefit from the PH forums, please invite them to join. PH touches the lives of not just the patients, but their loved ones too.

Colleen replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 27, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Hi @colleensteele, this is an excellent topic and point. I had invited my sisters to join here a few years ago. They never did. I do think that siblings and other relatives or close friends could all benefit by joining the PH forums. I would think this would help them better understand those of us with PH. Wouldn’t you?

• Colleen

August 28, 2020 at 2:18 pm

@jenc I’ve mentioned it to Aidan too and he hasn’t joined. To be honest I also think it depends on the age group too. He’s 19, busy with work and school and also rather private about his relationship with his brother. I share things that I read here with both him and Cullen, when I think they might benefit from it, so in a round-about way they still benefit from the forums.