Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diagnosis Information and ​General​ ​Questions Does anyone have experience with a PH Center in Rochester, NY?

• Does anyone have experience with a PH Center in Rochester, NY?

Posted by jen-cueva on October 9, 2023 at 2:23 pm

One of our newest members, @Downtown, says, “Hi all, I was diagnosed via stress echo last week. I need to find a ph specialty clinic near me. I live in Buffalo, NY. I was told there is one in Rochester, NY. Does anyone go there and can you tell me anything about it? I also have a blood Cancer called Myelodysplasia….At this point, I have so many questions, and I am not on any tx for PH.So glad to be in this forum!”

I an incredible long-term PHriend who lives in Buffalo, just like me. She goes to the Cleveland Clinic’s PH Center, collaborating with a dedicated local team. She’s been on this journey for over 15 years since I’ve known her.

Has anyone here encountered a PH team in Rochester, NY? Your experiences and insights can immensely support her embarking on this new PH adventure. We all understand the sense of isolation and fear that comes with a recent diagnosis. Let’s come together and lend a helping hand!

jen-cueva replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Cathy Brown

October 10, 2023 at 2:07 pm

I haven’t been to the PH clinic in Rochester but considered going there when I lived in northern New York for a second opinion. My PH doctor had good things to say about the doc there. It is a Pulmonary Hypertension Associated accredited care center, so I imagine you’d be in good hands.

• jen-cueva

October 11, 2023 at 4:50 am

Hi, @Cathy Brown. thanks so much for sharing that information. Your PH doctor saying positive things about the Rochester clinic says much!

How have you been? You’ve been missed around here.