• Happy Birthday!

Posted by jen-cueva on October 11, 2023 at 6:14 am

πŸŽ‰Please join me in celebrating our remarkable forum moderator on her special day!

@Colleen has shown immense strength and resilience through challenges and hardships, including losing her beloved husband, Brian. πŸ’”

πŸ’œ Colleen continues to embody grace and kindness despite her struggles, spreading her gentle heart to others. πŸ’œ

πŸŽ‚ 😍 Today, let’s shower her with love and wish our lovely Colleen a PHenomenal Happy Birthday! Colleen, know that you are deeply loved and valued. We are here for you, offering the same love and care you always give to others. As you embark on a new journey, moving to NJ soon and starting anew, it’s time to prioritize self-care. Take this moment to focus on YOU! I love you bunches, my FWW (forum work wife), and a fantastic friend. β˜•οΈπŸ₯€

Also, we wish all of our forum members who have a birthday this month best wishes and all the best! I’m confident we’ve already missed a few, so my apologies. I know those of us who have birthdays in October tend to celebrate all month long. πŸ˜‰πŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸŽŠπŸπŸ‘»

jen-cueva replied 6 months, 1 week ago 7 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • DeLois Tweedy

October 11, 2023 at 6:35 pm

Colleen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a beautiful time of year to have a birthday. You are an inspiration to all who “know” you on this forum. I cannot fathom all you have been through, but you still encourage and support others through it all. Thank you.

Celebrate YOU!!

• Colleen Steele

October 11, 2023 at 6:48 pm

@jen-cueva you always have a way of making people feel good about themselves! Thank you for the well wishes and kind words!

You are so sweet @DeLois Tweedy . You have brightened my day!

• Roger Bliss

October 12, 2023 at 11:40 am

Hope you had a Happy Birthday!!!

• Colleen Steele

October 12, 2023 at 4:39 pm

Thank you, Roger! I had a relaxing day. A good friend of mine has something planned for Saturday but won’t tell me what it is.

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2023 at 2:04 pm

Hi @Colleen, I’m doing the same as you, supporting my lovely friend and FWW on her special day! You are exceptional and deserve so much! You have had such a difficult season.

I look forward to hearing about the big surprise for you on Saturday. Please enjoy yourself and let us know all about it on Monday. 😍

πŸ’œ

• Colleen Steele

October 16, 2023 at 3:10 pm

Oh my gosh, @jen-cueva ! My friend Janet and her husband went above and beyond for my birthday, and they let Aidan tag along!

We started at Cuerno Bravo Prime Steakhouse and Cantina. It was my first time ever having Wagyu steak, and OMG, it was incredible!

Then we went to Enigma Escapes. (An escape room is an immersive environment where teams work together to find clues and solve puzzles in order to complete the mission or exit the room.) This was a new experience for all of us, but we conquered it before our time was up! SO MUCH FUN!

We wrapped the evening up at their home where we enjoyed my favorite cake, tiramisu.

• jen-cueva

October 17, 2023 at 3:12 pm

Oh, how fun, @Colleen! I’m so happy that Janet and her hubby made your birthday in WA so special! It’s so well-deserved, my friend! πŸ€—

I haven’t been eating red meat much, but I want to try a Wagyu steak when I do. I heard it was like butter. Maybe for my birthday, if I am craving that and can eat beef.

The escape room sounds like a blast! I’m impressed that you all conquered it quickly on your first time! KK has been to one and enjoyed it, as well as an axe-throwing place.

Yummy, tiramisu sounds so good. I had a bite on KK’s birthday in August! I LOVE that you had so much fun and that Aidan was invited to join. It’s so difficult leaving our close friends when we move. You will miss Janet, and ditto for her once you go to NJ. πŸ’œ

• Colleen Steele

October 17, 2023 at 9:46 pm

@jen-cueva it’s funny you mentioned the axe throwing. Janet and her husband did that for the first time about a week ago and they said it was a lot of fun! Maybe that will be my next adventure with them.

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2023 at 12:17 pm

Hi @Colleen, if you attend an axe-throwing event, please LMK what you think. I have been thinking about trying something like that. I’ve also seen those experiences where people throw dishes for fun! For anyone wanting to try something new on feel-good days, I suggest looking on Groupon for local discounts. That’s where I find many experiences and have purchased for myself and others as gifts.

https://www.groupon.com/?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_dt_sea_ggl_txt_naq_sr_cbp_ch1_ybr_k*groupon_m*e_d*groupon-brand_g*groupon-exact_c*645386807001_ap*&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhL6pBhDjARIsAGx8D589-Q_2h2uDbIQTSat1tifE_D5odJMHmSgREpzF–_sZDy_TxVOFQgaAvIzEALw_wcB

I would love to try an Escape Room adventure, but I heard some have a ton of walking. Did the one y’all go to have a lot of walking?

• Colleen Steele

October 20, 2023 at 1:10 pm

@jen-cueva No, it was a small room, so not much walking at all. In fact there was a sofa where I sat a few times to brainstorm. This place gave a description of your options online. I would think most places do so you can decide which you would be best at.

• jen-cueva

October 23, 2023 at 1:19 pm

That’s excellent news and will help when we decide to do that. Thanks for sharing your experience, @Colleen. I’m always looking for new adventures, some I don’t check into because I think it involves lots of walking, etc.

• Terese Tuohey

October 17, 2023 at 5:29 pm

Colleen, I can’t believe I missed this post! so, belatedly, let me wish you the very best birthday possible (sure sounded like it was!) and a year full of blessings ahead. Happy Birthday!

• Colleen Steele

October 17, 2023 at 9:45 pm

Thank you so much @Terese Tuohey ! ❀

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2023 at 12:21 pm

Who else is celebrating or already celebrated a birthday in October? Did you do anything with family or friends? Let us celebrate the month with you. Each new year is a gift, a bonus birthday, in my opinion. We want to celebrate our caregivers’ special day, too.

• Linda Concoby

October 19, 2023 at 9:46 pm

Happy birthday, Colleen, from another “October baby.” The celebration your friends put together sounds so exciting: a meal, an adventure, and cake!

I enjoyed my low-key 80th birthday, and I am still looking for ways to celebrate! Our weather has been delightful here in NW Arkansas. The dogwoods and sumac are turning red. We’ll get more color in the next few weeks. I have asked my husband to keep his eyes open for the (invasive) Oriental bittersweet that grows on our property.

Again, happy birthday to you, Colleen, and all others who have October birthdays.

• jen-cueva

October 20, 2023 at 12:08 pm

How amazing, @Linda Concoby! Congrats on celebrating your 80th birthday!πŸŽ‰ No matter how low-key it was, it’s a huge milestone, especially with a rare disease like PH! I agree, you keep on celebrating all month!πŸŽ‚

I, too, am an October baby and celebrate all month! I’m a few years behind you, hehe. 😊

• Colleen Steele

October 20, 2023 at 1:16 pm

Thank you, and happy birthday to you @Linda Concoby ! Autumn is my favorite season and because of it I feel like I get to celebrate my birthday all month! The Oriental bittersweet has a vibrant color but can overwhelm other plants. Do you look forward to seeing it and maintain it so it doesn’t go crazy, or do you remove it?

• Carol Volckmann

October 22, 2023 at 4:28 pm

A belated HAPPY 😊 BIRTHDAY ❀️ Colleen! I even had your date in my calendar and still forgot 😏.

What a joyous fun filled day for you! New adventures, new firsts and all shared with those who love ❀️ you and care so much.

You are such an inspiration to so many, you are always there for everyone – it was a joy to read what your friends did for you on your birthday πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³.

Dick and I both send you warm hugs filled with admiration and love ❀️.

• Colleen Steele

October 23, 2023 at 12:09 pm

Thank you so much @Carol Volckmann and Dick!