Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Have you been curious about the set-up of a Cadd Solis pump for IV Remodulin?

• Have you been curious about the set-up of a Cadd Solis pump for IV Remodulin?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 22, 2024 at 12:50 pm

A huge shoutout to our awesome forum member, @ky, and her hubby, Bryan, for their epic kindness! They’re sharing some cool pics of Bryan’s new pump setup with us. It’s the Cadd Solis pump.

After some tough times with the subq route because of bad reactions, Bryan recently made the switch. They’re sharing their story to help others out here.

How’s it going this week, Ky? Thank you so much for being so open and sharing your journey with us. And a big thanks to our model, Bryan, for playing along. It looks like he had fun with it. Big thanks to both of you; this will help loads of people. PS. Bryan’s shirt is awesome!

[caption id="attachment_40914" align="alignleft" width="171"] Bryan and his new IV site and line. [/caption]

[caption id="attachment_40915" align="alignright" width="171"] This is the Cadd Solis Pump. What a fantastic model Bryan is showing the size compared to his hand. [/caption]

[caption id="attachment_40916" align="aligncenter" width="360"] He uses his creative skills in using a tactical belt as a more comfortable way to carry his pump.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_40917" align="aligncenter" width="360"] The back of the belt, in case others are wondering.[/caption]

(All images courtesy of Kyleen Peterson.)

jen-cueva replied 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Roger Bliss

March 22, 2024 at 8:48 pm

I hope that pump deal works well for Bryan!!! I am always learning something new on here. It would be tough for me to use one of those. Now that I am active I would have that pump busted up in a week. I have that “bull in a china cabinet” syndrome.

I googled “IV Remodulin” and the first page that came up was interesting……had a good video on it too.

• jen-cueva

March 25, 2024 at 5:40 pm

Hehe, @Roger Bliss, I can certainly picture you as “the bull in a china cabinet” kind of guy. 😂

Yes, Bryan and @ky were generous and thoughtful in sharing the images to help others. We hope he continues to be creative, as they are pretty active, too, and that the IV route works much better for him.

I’m grateful you are learning from our forums; thanks for sharing. We are here to support and help by sharing our experiences.

• Kathleen Grady

March 26, 2024 at 2:20 pm

do you know what the difference is between the CADD solis and CADD legacy?

• jen-cueva

March 26, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Hi, @Kathleen Grady. No, I’m sorry, but I don’t know the difference. When I think about it, I believe they have similarities yet differ. It could be size, battery, etc. Do you know?

Does anyone else know the difference between these two pumps?

How have you been feeling lately? It’s getting warmer, and you’ll be outside more soon. 🌞

• Kathleen Grady

March 28, 2024 at 2:14 pm

I am doing better. Was getting SOB more than normal, so my doctor increased my remodulin. Will start the new treatment as soon as I can. He said that should make a difference too. I am so ready for the warmer weather! Getting ready for the Solar Eclipse, as it is going to pass over Cleveland, so we are having a watch party that day. Scheduled my Florida vacation for May, so that is always something to look forward to. Going and sitting by the pool and eating out. I need a relaxing vacation. Every time I have gone in the past couple of years, something always happened with my mom, so I was always a little stressed being away. Now I only have the cats to worry about LOL, but luckily I have someone who will stay with them.

How are you doing?

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 1:26 pm

@Kathleen Grady, I am so grateful that your PH team is on the ball with getting you started on this new treatment. Your May vacation in Florida should be an excellent time for you. Hopefully, You will have been on the latest treatment for a bit and experience fewer SOB episodes.

I can only see how worried you were with your mom before. Despite the grief and her loss, I’m hopeful you will enjoy your vacation without so much worry. Well, the cats will hopefully be entertained by a friend or neighbor.

It’s great that you have these plans to look forward to enjoying. For me, this usually helps me push through the challenging days. Thanks for sharing, and please keep us posted, my PHriend.

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 1:30 pm

Hey, y’all, I’m sharing some more inspiring news from @ky and Bryan. He went hiking last weekend without oxygen! It was the first time in several years, per Ky!

I’m sure there are limitations since it’s an intravenous line(IV), but these two adventurers are doing great and hopefully can enjoy these hiking trips for many more years together! Thanks so much, Ky, for sharing your life and how this change in treatment is going for you and Bryan!

💜