• V.R. Peterson

December 5, 2019 at 1:04 pm

If this had been available four years ago, when my son was first diagnosed with PH, I definitely would have made use of these resource. I think I’ve got a handle on this “being-a-mom-of-a-PH-patient” thing now, but I think I’m going to add the phone number and website to my contacts list (just in case). Thank you so much for this wonderful resource!

• jen-cueva

December 5, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Thanks for sharing, Colleen. I think that this is a great idea, but I do wonder how many caregivers will use it. I think it could be helpful. I think that the fact that it offers emotional support is a much-needed resource for caregivers.

• jen-cueva

June 17, 2020 at 10:10 am

I wanted to remind all of our caregivers about this resource. The caregiver hotline is available for y’all. As a caregiver before PH, I understand how fast a caregiver can burn out. Too often the caregiver puts their own needs at the bottom of the list.

Are you guilty of this? If so, what small steps can you take to help prevent caregiver burnout? Taking short mental breaks, even if it is 10-15 minutes per day, is helpful.