Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health How does Daylight Savings Time impact you?

• Roger Bliss

March 12, 2024 at 12:15 pm

Here in AZ time doesn’t change, but the effects are the same as if they did. The world around us changes. For example TV shows are an hour off. Going to San Diego changes things too. Now we have to leave an hour earlier to get there on time. Sunday took us a while to figure out what time it was. My phone changed times, so we weren’t sure, had to look it up on the internet.

It caused us minor stress, but we were mostly laughing about the whole thing.

• jen-cueva

March 13, 2024 at 1:08 pm

Hi @Roger Bliss, that’s right. You are in AZ, and it doesn’t change. But yeah, it would be a challenge to figure out times to be in SD for your appointments, etc. Thanks to the “old googler,” as my dad calls it, I’m glad that y’all figured it out. I’m happy to hear that you and Mary Ellen could laugh about it later. Isn’t it funny how nerve-wracking some things like this are, but then you can laugh about it?

How much longer will y’all be in AZ?

• Roger Bliss

March 13, 2024 at 3:46 pm

My last infusion s April 17th. The game plan is to drive home after that……(subject to change if something weird happens). Got the doctors convinced to not try any new drugs on me. I don’t want to get “in the middle of nowhere Canada” and have some type of bad reaction.

• jen-cueva

March 15, 2024 at 12:32 pm

Oh, @Roger Bliss, I’m hoping and praying nothing weird happens. You’ve had your share I would wish for those year, right? Hopefully, with your recent “tune up,” you’ll be in a much better place, the infusion will go well, and you can get back on the road. I know you are looking for new adventures this next season in Alaska.

Will y’all be visiting your son and family on your way back? Keep us posted on how things are going, buddy!

• Roger Bliss

March 15, 2024 at 6:49 pm

It’s up in the air about stopping at our son’s place. He works 3 on and 3 off in Alaska. Don’t know if he will be there or not??? His wife is so busy managing 2 restaurants, we wouldn’t have very much time together.

• jen-cueva

March 18, 2024 at 4:21 pm

Wow, @Roger Bliss, it sounds like your son takes after you because he is so busy with work! Between him and his wife, they must stay busy working and taking care of the grandkids. Maybe it will work out. If not, how often do you get to see them?

Is that your only son?

I hope you and Mary Ellen are enjoying a slower-paced week and feeling good. Take care.

• Roger Bliss

March 18, 2024 at 7:12 pm

We usually see them on the way to and from AK. Our son used to have a regular job in Bend. His wife had 3 kids before they were married. One is still home and she is 11, the other 2 are grown up and gone. Our biological grand daughter lives in Florida with her mother. She likes to work and make money so she spends summers with her father working in the restaurants. Usually she makes a trip to Alaska every summer. She is an only child, my son is and I am too. Guess it runs in the family.

We are back in SD as I have appointments, tests Tuesday and Wed. Hopefully they don’t throw me in the hospital again.😇

• jen-cueva

March 19, 2024 at 3:44 pm

Aww, OK, it must be the granddaughter who visited from Florida that I remember. But I also recall that your son is in Oregon. I am sure it is more challenging with kids and both working, especially with your son’s schedule.

Good luck with your appointments this week, buddy! Remember, stay outside the hospital and only go for your tests and infusions. It sounds like you are physically in a much better place than your recent admission.

• Roger Bliss

March 20, 2024 at 7:39 pm

Doing GREAT……all the info is in another post to you.

• Jill Upshaw

March 12, 2024 at 2:32 pm

Yep. I added a move onto the change this year. Moved into a new home with a garage . The apartment was great but getting from parking to the elevator was getting to be a big problem. So, the time changed, in the process of moving, still have storage unit to empty and apartment to finish and clean……Sleeping very little. I just lay in bed for hours and not sleeping . Oh well, at least I am resting………It is getting to be Spring. Just not sure what time it is, where my things are and who I am to meet where……..Not bored.

• jen-cueva

March 13, 2024 at 1:13 pm

Oh no, @Jill Upshaw, what a ton at once. And without sleep, it is not helping you either and probably only adds to your confusion and fatigue. I wish we could somehow help you. It sounds like a ton on your plate, my PHriend. Do you not have any help? Maybe once you find some help and tackle a few tasks off the list, you can rest and sleep better.

How can we best support you from afar? Hugs, love, and positive vibes are coming your way from San Diego.🤗

• Cris Dingman

March 12, 2024 at 2:42 pm

I will gladly swap one hour of sleep in order to have it lighter later in the evening! There’s something so depressing to me when it gets dark at dinner time. I want to sit out in the yard in the LIGHT, not in the dark. Just me, though. I know some hate it. Sorry, I win for a few months…

• jen-cueva

March 13, 2024 at 1:18 pm

Hi, @Cris Dingman. I LOVE having the extra daylight, especially since I’m in San Diego. When it’s lighter later, we can drive to the beach some days after my hubby gets home from work. I enjoy sitting there watching the beautiful sunset on the beach. We can also have a simple dinner if we choose and have an almost picnic on a blanket. It’s always a dose of fresh air and relaxes me at the end of the day.

You sound like me , I love sitting outside when it’s sunny and bright.