Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development Is Letairis Safe and Effective for Kids?

• Is Letairis Safe and Effective for Kids?

Posted by jen-cueva on October 2, 2020 at 11:59 am

We all know that we need more PH treatments for our little PHighters. This is some positive news that many of you may have an interest in reading. Letairis (ambrisentan) shows effective and safe in kids with PH ages 8 and up.

The study was pretty optimistic as we often treat our PH kids with “off-label” treatments that are not actually approved for children. Thankfully some have been effective, but we still need many more. If you are a child with PH, would you want your child to try Letairis? Why or why not? Please give it a read, and let’s talk about this.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

October 5, 2020 at 6:43 pm

@jenc Letairis is one of many PH meds Cullen has taken. He was on a big cocktail of various PH treatments for most of his 5 years. Because he didn’t take it by itself I’m not sure how much credit I can give to it. I do believe it assisted with other treatments in giving him a better quality of life for as long as he did with PH.

• jen-cueva

October 6, 2020 at 11:18 am

Thanks for sharing @colleensteele. I also tend to think that Letairis works well with other PH treatments. I am just happy that more are being approved for these little ones. You mention about a better quality of life, that is what we strive for.

Any other kids who have or are taking Letairis? How did it work for your child?