Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Luncheon/meeting in Memphis

• Luncheon/meeting in Memphis

Posted by Barbara Thompson on November 3, 2023 at 1:05 pm

Hey support team,

Y’all know that I’m the support group leader for the Pulmonary Hypertension Midsouth Area Support Group. We’re going to have our

end of the year luncheon /meeting November 30th from 11 to about 1:30. We’ll meet at the YMCA at 5885 Quince here in Memphis. We’ll have a box lunch catered by Jersey Mike’s followed by the zebra-style bingo. I’ve collected some really nice prizes. Is there a way to let the Memphis members know?

jen-cueva replied 5 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 3, 2023 at 3:19 pm

Hi, @Barbara Thompson; this sounds like a beautiful end-of-year luncheon. The zebra-style bingo and prizes also is a fun event, I’m sure. I will have to ask, but other than posting a topic, I am uncertain how I can notify those in that area. It will be Monday since many are already done for the week.

But we have time, so let me look and see what we can do.

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for always spreading awareness and supporting the PH community!🤗💜🦓

• Barbara Thompson

November 11, 2023 at 5:27 pm

Hey Jen,

Thank you. Were you able to find out about this? I’d sure like to connect with those in the area.

• jen-cueva

November 13, 2023 at 5:38 pm

Hi, @Barbara Thompson; my apologies for not posting last week. I’ve had bronchitis, so my week was slightly off last week. How are you?

Unfortunately, there are no ways to get that info because many only share their state. But when I looked up TN, I only saw four names, and none of those are on the forums much anymore. My apologies that I can’t help you more.

How many do you expect to show up so far? It sounds like a fun-filled luncheon. Please come back and let us know how the event goes after the end of the month. You should be able to share images now, too.

• Jimi Mcintosh

November 27, 2023 at 7:02 pm

As a former Memphis Tiger , the easiest and quickest way to get the word out is to contact, public affairs on TV and radio to get a possible mention, especially from the radio personalities. At one time they had a community paper delivered in east Memphis.

There is nothing like meeting other people that have the same “invisible ” ailment, most people say, “you don’t look sick, need to get up exercise, jog, do something. It is lonely in this sea of humanity, when even doctors have never heard of PH, even family and friends, only keep up with Cancer, and other big news illiness’s . By the way , what is “Zebra stripe bingo”, it is a new one

• jen-cueva

November 28, 2023 at 12:29 pm

Hi @Jimi Mcintosh, what area do you live in now? It’s not the Memphis area, is it?

How are you managing lately?

You mentioned a radio station; I tried several times to get something on the radio. But, I did get an article published in a smaller local community newspaper when I lived in Texas. They were so kind and helpful.

@Barbara Thompson is well known by the TV stations and probably radio, too by now. She has been promoting PH awareness for as long as I can remember. Barbara, can you share a little or maybe a picture of the Zebra bingo you play?