• pah and physical exercise

Posted by Dave Maupin on March 31, 2024 at 3:28 pm

since my pah diagnosis i have all but eliminated any physical exercise. having always been an exercise buff, I miss it and would like to re-engage but not sure how best to do it. I have a rowing machine and exercise bike awaiting my return.

Debbie Moore replied 2 weeks, 5 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 1, 2024 at 2:50 pm

Hi, @Dave Maupin; how are you doing? Exercise is different for everyone. It depends on our bodies and how much our PH team recommends.

Are you on oxygen? I use my E-bike and carry my oxygen in a backpack. I also do lightweight training when I’m having good days.

But I’ll share the link below to our exercising topics so you can find inspiration from our members. Thanks for sharing your craving to work out to some degree despite PH.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/forums/forums/forum/ph-care-and-treatment/exercising-with-ph/?no_frame=1

• Debbie Moore

April 11, 2024 at 10:53 am

Hi Dave. Always check with your doctor first. Then pay attention to your body. I joined Silver Sneakers. I’m a little young but it is challenging for me to participate. If I’m exerting too much I slow down. I rarely stop. I also walk the treadmill twice per week. I walk like a turtle while the person beside me jogs. Do I care? No. Exercise has helped me have more endurance and strength. Call your doctor and get started.