Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Please keep Jen and her family in your prayers.

• Please keep Jen and her family in your prayers.

Posted by Colleen Steele on January 5, 2024 at 8:15 pm

@jen-cueva received devastating news today that her younger stepbrother, a Sheriff Deputy, was tragically shot and killed while on duty last night. He leaves behind a wife and 3 daughters. Jen’s dad is taking it very hard and the entire family could use our prayers as they try to deal with this heartbreak.

We are here for you Jen. Personally, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

jen-cueva replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 10 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • jen-cueva

January 8, 2024 at 1:46 pm

Hi @Colleen; thank you so much for your kind and supportive words. It means a lot to me. It was a shock, but my dad had to inform Jeremy’s mom. Although my dad wasn’t Jeremy’s biological father, they became family when his mom married my dad when Jeremy was about three.

Despite their subsequent divorce, Jeremy continued to see my dad and always considered him his only father figure. They even celebrated Christmas together, sharing meals and creating memories. Just two days before the tragic incident, my dad spent time with Jeremy. It’s devastating to share that Jeremy was shot and killed.

Yesterday evening, my dad’s sounded some better, but our hearts are heavy with sorrow for Jeremy’s wife and daughters. The wake and funeral will be held on Thursday and Friday, but unfortunately, we won’t be able to attend. However, my dad finds solace in the support of Jeremy’s fellow law enforcement officers who have rallied around him and the family since the moment he was shot. Officers from all over the state, and even neighboring states, have come to offer their condolences.

Like many of you, experiencing grief during the holiday season is especially challenging. Ironically, a quote that appeared in my email last week resonated deeply with this situation.

To feel such a great loss means I was lucky enough to share a great love — on Christmas Day and every day.”

• Roger Bliss

January 9, 2024 at 9:37 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• jen-cueva

January 10, 2024 at 11:07 am

Hi, @Roger Bliss; thanks for your thoughtful prayers. I hope things are going well for you this new year!

• Colleen Steele

January 8, 2024 at 2:53 pm

@jen-cueva I can’t imagine what his wife and daughters are going through. I have no doubt the “Blue” are there for them and will make sure they are well cared for. So heartbreaking! Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

I read that quote when Brian passed away. It has become a favorite of mine.

• jen-cueva

January 9, 2024 at 2:43 pm

Hi @Colleen, thanks again for your love and prayers. Yes, it’s so heartbreaking.

Yesterday, Dad was doing alright but did say he would be OK, and then he started thinking about Jeremy again. I am trying to check on him daily to be sure he is eating, taking his meds, and sleeping.

• brenda-denzler

January 8, 2024 at 5:51 pm

Oh my, Jen. My heart goes out to you and all of your family…and your step-brother’s fellow officers. This is just so very, very sad. And so very wrong. My heart, to y’all’s.

• jen-cueva

January 9, 2024 at 2:47 pm

Thanks, @brenda-denzler and @Debbie Moore, for your thoughts and prayers. Yes, it’s so wrong and sad. He was only 44 and built a lovely new home for his wife and girls. I appreciate your support. 🤗

• Debbie Moore

January 9, 2024 at 2:23 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your dad will be in my prayers.

• V.R. Peterson

January 9, 2024 at 2:58 pm

I’m so sorry @jen-cueva! You, your dad and Jeremy’s family are in my prayers, as are his brothers in blue.

• jen-cueva

January 10, 2024 at 11:05 am

Thank you, @V.R. Peterson, @Carol alexander, and @DeLois Tweedy for your heartfelt thoughts and prayers. Your support means more to me than you can imagine. Unfortunately, tragedies like this occur far too frequently.

My brother-in-law has worked for the LAPD for many years, and I’ve always had concerns about his and Jeremy’s safety. It is disheartening and unjust that those who protect us are often targeted in today’s world.💙

• DeLois Tweedy

January 10, 2024 at 9:54 am

Jen, I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss. I lift you up in prayer, as well as your father and your stepbrother’s family. May you all find comfort and peace in dealing with this loss.

• Carol Volckmann

January 11, 2024 at 2:49 pm

Jen, what a horrific tragedy. My heart, prayers and love are with you and your family.I just saw Colleen’s post. I love your quote about loss and thought about Colleen loss. Such loss make me treasure every moment of life.

• Colleen Steele

January 11, 2024 at 6:03 pm

@Carol Volckmann loss is the ultimate price for love but worth every moment shared with that person.

• jen-cueva

January 12, 2024 at 10:43 am

Thanks sweet PHriend, @Carol Volckmann . Yeah, it hasn’t been easy. My dad attended the wake last night, and today is Jeremy’s Memorial Service. I hoped they would stream it, but not where they had to hold it. Because of “Blue” support, they had to move it to another larger facility. 💙I keep thinking of his dear wife, Hilary, and their girls. 💗

Your thoughtful words and support mean so much more than you know.🤗

• Debra Gonzales

January 11, 2024 at 6:02 pm

@jen-cueva, sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family. May he rest in the arms of the angels.

• jen-cueva

January 12, 2024 at 10:44 am

Hi, @Debra Gonzales; thank you for your kind support and condolences. Not the best way to start a new year! But I’m grateful for he love and support from each of you here. 🤗

How’s 2024 treating you?

• Rayetta

January 11, 2024 at 11:05 pm

Jen, sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. My condolences to you and your family.

• jen-cueva

January 12, 2024 at 10:47 am

Hi @Rayetta, your support and kindness means so much. Life is too short. 💜

How are you doing this new year, my PHriend?