Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Teens and Young Adults Seven life hacks for living with PH

• jen-cueva

May 23, 2022 at 11:22 am

This is an older post but offers some helpful tips. I love the late Serena’s name for “birdbaths.” My late grandmother taught us it was called a “spit bath” hehe. I think Serena’s choice of titles sounds better. I have had these spit or birdbaths on many days. Have you found these partial bath life hacks?

Self-care is another important topic that we need to remind each other to take the time for continuously. Our lives in general, then add in PH, takes more time than most realize.

This week, I’m trying a recipe saver, meal planner, shopping list, app called, Whisk. I hope it saves time and I’ll enjoy it. I like to try new recipes, and this app allows me o save recipes from any website. It also has communities to join that offer specific types of recipes. For instance, 10 ingredients or less, etc. Have you used any apps like this to help save time and energy? Not mentioning endless notes and shopping lists.

What are some of your favorite life hacks with PH?

• Colleen

May 23, 2022 at 4:39 pm

@jenc I happened upon this column recently and thought about re-sharing the topic too. Maybe it’s a sign that someone here could really benefit from these tips.

What I appreciate about Serena’s 7 Life Hacks is that she backs up the advice we have all likely heard before, with relatable experience and realistic options. She offers more of a friend to friend approach to how you can make day to day life a little easier for yourself.